Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Les Baer T-Chrome Monolith heavyweight comanche is here!!

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Gas, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Gas

Gas Gig Harbor, Washington, United States Active Member

Jut got it today, man what a beautiful piece of artwork. Last LB I bought, and first 1911 I owned I put the idiot mark on it within 5 minutes of owning it. I am scared to touch this thing!!! :what:

Pics do not do it justice. It almost looks like a real dark blue or even black finish. I did notice one small area under the ejection port that does have about 1/4 line where the bluing did not take too well.

Everything I wanted, rolo night sights, magwell, omg, I am so happy right now! 19 weeks is a long time, but it does seem like yesterday now that I have it in my hands that I ordered it from John.

DSC00061.jpg
    DSC00062.jpg
    DSC00063.jpg
    DSC00064.jpg
    DSC00065.jpg
    DSC00066.jpg
    DSC00067.jpg
    DSC00068.jpg

2. Gas

Sorry, can someone move this to the handgun discussion please.

3. billcoe

billcoe PDX Platinum Supporter Platinum Supporter

.....or move it to the museum section. That thing is altogether too nice to touch, that much is certain. Wow! The real problem will be putting holes inside of holes which can often just seem like a waste of ammo:laugh:

I have a sweet hard chromed Baer Premier 2 with a red dot sight and have that very problem....usually when I let a buddy shoot it I mean:)

Real nice!

4. billcoe

billcoe PDX Platinum Supporter Platinum Supporter

.....or move it to the museum section. That thing is altogether too nice to touch, that much is certain. Wow! The real problem will be putting holes inside of holes which can often just seem like a waste of ammo:laugh: I have a sweet hard chromed Baer Premier 2 with a red dot sight and have that very problem....usually when I let a buddy shoot it I mean:)

Real nice!

Upper left in the picture.
    Les_Baer_and_Wilson_rght_side.jpg

I bought that beauty used, and the guy I got it from would love to get it back. I almost felt bad telling him no. One interesting thing folks might want to know, the Wilson mags will fit into a
    Baer, but the Baer mags won't fit into the Wilson Combat Protector in the photo.

5. spider

spider Hillsboro Well-Known Member

gangster music, nice piece

6. U201494

U201494 Well-Known Member

I could live with that.

7. Gas

I like that chrome magwell on the other 1911, that is gangster. I want a nickle plated sissy pistol. :laugh: (US Marshalls)

8. scrappydoo

scrappydoo Federal Way Active Member

That's one of the nicest production guns I've ever seen. If you don't mind me asking, what'd it cost you? I'm thinking of picking up a TRS if I can find one used.

Btw, I think your Baer feels violated after being on that Glock mat.

9. spookshack

spookshack Forest Grove, OR Life Member Lifetime Supporter 2016 Volunteer

The Monolith heavyweight.....it's "Pistol Whip" approved! :thumbup:

Cougfan2 and (deleted member) like this.
  10. rufus

rufus State of Jefferson Well-Known Member

That is one fine piece. I love the Monolith heavyweight, and yours is one of the nicest I've seen. Great job!

11. Gas

It was $2190 plus tax. cj1911heaven had a sale going on, well he still does. It would of cost me close to $2900 from others. He may have a TRS new, for less than you expect.

12. Starship

Starship NE Portland Active Member

Yea Yea, it's all right if you like that sort of thing.....
    Jealousy is such an ugly emotion... :)

13. Gas

if it makes you feel better, my new sig scorpion out shot this LB today. IDK what is going on, but definitely making a phone call in the morning.

14. spookshack

Damn bro,

I hope you get it figured out! :confused:

15. spookshack

Maybe some of the guys over on GlockTalk's 1911 sub forum can help you
    trouble shoot it? :dunno:

16. scrappydoo

OOOOhhh! Thanks, I'll give them a jingle.

You probably already know, but Baer leaves the final honing to the shooter and that's why their guns are super tight but really smooth. They should have given you specific instructions on how to properly break it in. (something about not cleaning their special grease off the gun for x amount of rounds) It's probably not completely broken in and not locking up the same way every time. (yet)

Wait till it's broken in, then if you still feel the inaccuracy may be a fitment issue you can do the usual tests to see look for problems. Some old fart gave me these tips for when you're trying to figure out the quality of a 1911. Rack the slide, then push on the barrel hood, there should be no movement. It's ok in most factory 1911's but for a barrel that's as well fitted as a Baer it's not normal. Rack the slide again and try to wiggle the barrel at the bushing, again there should be no movement. When you take it apart, the slide stop should have even wear from the lower lugs. That's means they're both making contact properly. Next take a look at your primer strikes. If they're not centered then it's a problem with your upper lugs. Lastly make sure the sights aren't loose.

17. Gas

Well I called today, and they said break it in at 500 rounds. thing is, this is my second LB, first one was a concept V and it shot perfect out of the box. I will do what they ask of me, and see what happens. Thing is, when you spend high dollar, it should shoot anything you throw at it. If a $1k sig can do that, a custom should also. We will see. It will be awhile before I get it to 500. I am going to Hawaii in a few weeks and all my savings is tied up there. Will have to wait until I get back probably.

18. ogre

ogre Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

You say that your oh so fine Les Baer pistol requires 500 rounds to break in? You say you can't do it because you are going to Hawaii? Cripes! I wish to **** I knew where my life took the wrong turn.....

oasis618 and (deleted member) like this.
  19. scrappydoo

What island you going to? I just got back from Honolulu a couple weeks ago. Have fun in Hawaii.

20. Gas

Oh, and to make it better, I am unemployed. :bluelaugh: I bought this 5 months ago with my tax return, and my girlfriend has an aunt that gave us her time share. Airfare was only $325 when we booked them like a year ago.

But I assure you, I would give this gun up and my trip for a decent job. I have been out of work going on 13 months. So life is not that good at my house.

We are going to Maui, never been there before.