JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Specifically what do you want to know about this pistol? I know quite a bit about it and have trained with this model extensive. What do you intend to do with it? Serious self-defense, conceal carry, plinking, bullseye, fun gun?

I have an early LB custom (3 digit serial). Similar to a premier 2, differences being a magwell, no ambi safety, and a flared out MSH.

here is a picture:
IMG_0308.jpg

My review:

Extremely accurate shooter. The inherent accuracy is great, as are the ergonomics (sights and light trigger). I can shoot as well with this as a quality 22 target pistol. You would expect that for what you are paying. The fit an finish are excellent. The one above has seen at least 1000 rounds, without any breakage or drop off in accuracy or loosening in fit (which is amazingly tight).

You definitely get spoiled shooting this. The action is as slick as any gun I have tried. Fair warning: When you have a gun this tight, it gets picky about being dirty and what kind of ammo you are shooting. Takes some time to clean too because it still requires a bushing wrench almost 20 years after it was made.

IMHO this is a great range gun.

:s0155:

I like them but like Kimbers better. But if you like it get it. It's a 1911 a gun that will be around another 100 years. In my opinion though I cannot stand target sites on any gun. But if you going to use it for that better get them. LOL Good gun and you will have fun.

Oh okay then this is a great choice for your application! If you order one you can get it in 1" @ 50 yards which even tightens it up considerably more. I know!

There are many underlining features the average person doesn't realize about this pistol and its creator. If you want to visit off line about this particular model then email me at [email protected]

I'm fortunate enough to shoot the first Premier II delivered into the Pacific NW before Les became so famous. I have a long history with Baer guns and this one in particular. As I stated earlier, I've trained (and not just shot) this model a lot and have some pro/con experiences working with it...if this is of value.

Fire me an email if you want to continue this discussion...

Mine-not a Premier, but like all Baers, the same underlying gun......You can order a Premier however you'd like, with fixed combat sights, no front cocking serrations, single or ambi safety, blued or Baercoated etc. I changed out the sights on this one to a 10-8 rear and an xs front....
Mechanically, absolutely solidly put together, maybe a bit workmanlike around the edges...This one I picked up gently used for a song, I think the only thing that can come close at around the $1600 level would be a used Brown or a new Dan Wesson Valor at around $1400

now has a solid trigger and CT grips:

I have a PII also, it is without a doubt my favorite pistol I own. You are welcome to meet me at a range and give it a whirl, Sundays are the only day I have available though.

490044ab.jpg

That's a great price! May I ask who your local FFL is and what he charged to handle the transfer and taxes ect? I am prob going to get a stainless stinger (officers) with my tax returns this year. I love shopping for new toys!

That's a great price! May I ask who your local FFL is and what he charged to handle the transfer and taxes ect? I am prob going to get a stainless stinger (officers) with my tax returns this year. I love shopping for new toys!

Tim McDermott
McDermott Gun Repair
3311 E. Evergreen Blvd.
Vancouver, WA 98661-4929

Phone: 360-693-2382
Fax: 360-693-2382
Cell Phone: 360-921-9546
Hours: 1:00 PM - 10:00PM
Tuesday thru Saturday
Long Gun Fee: $20.00
Hand Gun Fee: $20.00

I am on my 2nd Les Baer - Thunder Ranch special. I sold the first because it was too nice to carry (big mistake). I've handled and shot Wilsons and Kimbers as well. Wilson's finishes are nicer than Baer but they're not as tight a gun. Kimbers are good guns, but they're not in the same class as Ed Brown, Wilson Combat, Les Baer, etc. Baer is a good buy, even though they're raised prices the past couple years. If I buy another 1911 (even if money were not a consideration) it will be a Les Baer. Although I'll admit the most accurate gun I've ever owned (well...pistols) is an HK Mark 23.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top