JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Outright door-to-door confiscation of guns isnt going to happen. It isnt logistically possible, and it isnt politically feasable. Even the neutral or anti-gun libs would oppose it. The standard "jack-booted ATF thugs and UN troops kicking down your door" scenario is nothing more than fear-mongering.

Maybe you forgot about the katrina confiscations? I would say that a similar incident on the same or larger scale happening is pretty unlikely for the forseeable future. I would not go so far as to call it an impossibility though.

The real danger for gun rights is the "death by a thousand cuts". Our guns wont get banned...but they will slowly be regulated to death. The ammo will get microstamped, taxed, and registered into unaffordability. Guns will be held to impossible consumer-safety standards that are designed to keep tort lawyers employed. Child-safety laws, storage requirements, fees, background checks, limits on magazine capacity, mandatory training classes, zoning regulations, liability insurance....you name it and the nanny state will impose it. Like a frog that dies in a pot of water that is slowly brought to boil, our right to keep and bear arms will soon become nothing more than a 'virtual" right that exists only on paper but that no one can afford.

I do agree that this outcome is far more likely than a full on ban and confiscations. However I have faith that if all, or even a majority of gun owners keep working to educate people and vote intelligently that we will continue to gain more ground than we lose.

My bite is a lot harsher then my bark. If I wanted to even give any type of law a chance to confiscate my property, I would be doing something wickedly illegal, but if they just came up to my door, id put up a verbal fight and ask for warrants.

Sounds like cambodia is nice this time of the decade.

Umm....

Cops do not make laws.

What was the point of your survey?

To see how many cops would let their personal politics trump the laws of their community?

Makes me feel safe to know that there are cops who don't give a damn about the law, they have an internal moral compass that trumps the "sheeple".

What's this about?

Edit: just to add, I will be removing those that I've deemed "anti-LEO" to kinda give people a second chance around here. So feel free to post your thoughts on this.

Do you want a real discussion, or just people to agree with you?

Of course most cops are decent people doing a hard job.

It's just when they f*ck up, the consequences can be tremendous.

Therefore, if one can not handle it, one should get out.

It's important that people know their limits.

Last Edited:
Outright door-to-door confiscation of guns isnt going to happen. It isnt logistically possible, and it isnt politically feasable. Even the neutral or anti-gun libs would oppose it. The standard "jack-booted ATF thugs and UN troops kicking down your door" scenario is nothing more than what is happening now, and being called "Proactive homeland security checks" or "Proactive policing"
there, fixed it for ya.

Umm....

Cops do not make laws.

To see how many cops would let their personal politics trump the laws of their community?

Makes me feel safe to know that there are cops who don't give a damn about the law, they have an internal moral compass that trumps the "sheeple".

Personally I can see a reason for the post though I would have worded the poll differently. The post Katrina confiscations were illegal. That did not stop the LEOs involved from seizing weapons from law abiding citizens. If I had posted the poll for the LEOs I would have been more concerned with how many would obey an order from their superiors to seize weapons illegally from law abiding citizens as was done post Katrina. A similar poll for military personell including national guard would be interesting too I think. I am curious just how much backing our government would get from the police and/or military if they up and decided to revoke the bill of rights or parts of it.

I posted thinking that we had a significant number of LEOs that used this forum. Maybe a LEO could repost it on one of the LEO only forums and let us know the results?

Umm....

Cops do not make laws.

[No, but there does come a point where you must choose between what you are being ordered to do and what you swore an oath to protect]

[My point was many-fold...mainly to open people's eyes to the fact that making a law to ban what you can or cannot say is just the same as making a law as to what firearms you can or cannot own. Both are rights protected by the Constitution.]

[It wasn't about the law, it was about the oath. If there was a bill signed to let the US President stay in office indefinately, would you not want someone fighting for this to change? Fighting for this to stay a Democracy? The 2nd Amendment is the very thing that keeps us able to fight for our other rights.]

What's this about?

Do you want a real discussion, or just people to agree with you?

[I was sick of the anti-LEO comments on other threads so I ignored certain members. They were "unignored" for the purpose of this thread to see if cooler heads would prevail.]

Of course most cops are decent people doing a hard job.

It's just when they f*ck up, the consequences can be tremendous.

Therefore, if one can not handle it, one should get out.

It's important that people know their limits.

(bold inserted is from my reply)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads