JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
From the article:
"With revenue from marijuana sales, the City of Buffalo is eyeing long-term plans of possibly implementing a universal basic income program."

LOL....why go to work anymore? Sit back, light up a joint and get FREE STUFF.

Bob_Marley.jpg

Aloha, Mark

I suspect that must be a big thing here and any other state that taxes them to the extreme. Pack of name brand smokes here is around $12. Every time I see that I wonder how anyone still smokes. If everyone really did quit the damn state would be in real trouble real damn fast with that sudden cash flow cut off. At that price there has to be a big black market for them too.
They can always institute more fines

This speed camera brought in 11 mil in fines

What I would like is to see arbitrary substance testing be replaced with accurate impairment (or more precisely, capability) testing. If a person can't pass an accurate field capability test well rested and stone sober they don't belong behind the wheel either.
Half the people in PDX and surrounding areas would be h00fing it then

I'd bet the cannabis industry accessing banks happens sooner rather than later.

Edited to provide the correct link.
And here we are a year later and it still didnt happen.

Here in South Carolina they MAY be getting close to legalizing medical marijuana. 3 weeks supply with a visit to the doctor every renewal. Edibles only. Reported to law enforcement with no firearms allowed to be possessed by the "user" . Hardly worth the scam prescription.

WAIT, Wait, wait......
Why?
Why, use MJ tax money.....to fund loafers?

Unless it's the GOVT's way of having them "self-fund"?

Rrrrrrright.......
"Paying for themselves?"

Aloha, Mark

1) "I don't drink or use drugs but I do use nicotine. I must be a junky."
Back in the Dream Time I knew a bonafide junkie of many years who told me that tobacco was more addictive than smack. He knew and I believed him.

2) "If a person can't pass an accurate field capability test well rested and stone sober they don't belong behind the wheel either."
So despite the fact that I have been driving since 1963 with no DUIs or at-fault accidents, and single digit number of tickets over 61 years of driving you think I should be denied that privilege because of advanced arthritis and neurological injuries? Thanks a lot. Note that the ADA bans denial of rights and privileges based on physical conditions that impair normal activities. What difference does it make if I can't stand on one foot and thumb my nose or say the alphabet backwards? I have never had to drive while walking or standing on one foot, and I have no balance issues when I'm sitting. Do you think my guns (if I owned any) should be confiscated too on that basis?

So despite the fact that I have been driving since 1963 with no DUIs or at-fault accidents, and single digit number of tickets over 61 years of driving you think I should be denied that privilege because of advanced arthritis and neurological injuries? Thanks a lot. Note that the ADA bans denial of rights and privileges based on physical conditions that impair normal activities. What difference does it make if I can't stand on one foot and thumb my nose or say the alphabet backwards? I have never had to drive while walking or standing on one foot, and I have no balance issues when I'm sitting. Do you think my guns (if I owned any) should be confiscated too on that basis?
Agreed.

Balance has little to do with being able to sit in a car seat and drive a car.

Due to my spinal injuries and my age, I have problems putting on a pair of pants without having something to lean against. Same with shoes.

But given the lousy driving of most sober people I see on the road, I think I am a better than average driver with regards to safety.

Oh, and I have not had a drink of alcohol for decades.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top