JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've been trying to figure out what level of education is expected for police/sheriff deputies in the area. I'm still considering applying with the local Sheriff's office when I turn 21, but I'm also sniffing around for information.
Anything you've got would be helpful...

What percentage of officers do you think have a 4 year degree, 2 year degree, no college?
How does having/not having a degree affect promotion chances?
How many LEOs have military experience?

Basically, I'm about half-finished with my degree, and I'm looking at my options.
Thanks in advance. :)

Last Edited:
Yep finish school!!!....It opens up all sorts of possibilities. Make sure and look into reserve law enforcement or some sort of explorer's (they volunteer with LEO's) Are you working on a Bachelors?

Not sure about OR but in WA, state troops are initially trained the longest out of all agencies...That's definitely a GOOD thing.

(Although, game wardens have the best patrol vehicles - Ford F150's :cool:)

Most dept.'s require at least a 2 yr degree for promotion to Sgt., and some want a 4 yr for anything Lt. and above...just depends on the dept.

I can't recall how long the WSP academy is, but everyone else in WA goes thru 720hr academy, which works out to be approx. 4 1/2 months.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top