JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'll never apologize to or for a soldier for doing his job but I'll certainly thank him for it. what was the?
Oh, a gal going scrappytown with a buck? (didn't read).
anyway
I think we're talking defensive/fending arts here.. not "I took out a town with a company a berserkers".

Joe,
I think that your comments in the post in question were fine.
Speaking only for myself , I do not feel that you were comparing or saying that your experience in martial arts is or was the same as a combat experience.

Just that your experiences and teaching have taught you to be mindful of what you can do and will do to survive.
Andy

Thanks Andy,

I have to admit that post rattled me a bit (not something easily done) and had me scrutinizing every word I posted...

Just to give you an idea of what City of Portland is using as qualifiers for new police applicants....
Qualities of Successful Candidates | Jobs | The City of Portland, Oregon

Wow, kumbaya. PPB is getting ham strung by the city. I'm surprised that they haven't painted all of the patrol vehicles in non-offending pastel colors like Seattle did.
"Do the "job" with no command presence whatsoever.. as a matter of fact, just stay home and we'll pay you.
Good job!"

anybody that's a copper has my respect.. what a thankless bubblegume job

Chicago cop says she feared using gun while being beaten

I just came across this report, and am interested in hearing from the active and retired LEO's here.

Do you feel the same way this officer did, and hesitate to shoot a bad guy?

As far as I'm concerned, you guys (and gals) are important to society. If a drug dealer or some other lowlife comes after you, I say blow their brains out.

But that's just me, and I'm not a cop.

What are your thoughts?

Quite possibly the "Ferguson Effect"...not that uncommon that LEO's are hesitating. Read "War on Cops" by Heather McDonald. FYI homicides are up 17% in the 50 largest cities this last year. Many cops are taking their time and not aggressively confronting potential criminals for fear of ending up on Youtube or court.. Baltimore's homicide rate is up about 80% (I think that's about right-check McDonald for sure) since the Freddy Grey case. No stop and frisk or confront. Who needs the grief! I am retired LEO from an era when we could do our job without everything ending on video and set ups for cops weren't for entertainment and political value.

If you physically attack a police officer, you better be expecting what results. It is UNACCEPTABLE to disarm an LEO, period. Physical assault of an officer needs to be stopped NOW by whatever means are available at that time.
Having worked "in the business" for a number of years, I happily hail the use of officer and patrol vehicle cameras to record all contacts with the public. Too often, the public is NOT your friend.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top