Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

LEO/Military Stamp

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Kimber Custom, Aug 12, 2010.

1. Kimber Custom

Kimber Custom Vancouver, WA Bronze Vendor Bronze Vendor

When a magazine or rifle is stamped LEO/Military Use Only what does that mean in the real world?

There are no restrictions in OR/WA on magazine capactiy so is it illegal to own something stamped LEO only? Who would/can enforce this?

2. absoluterik07

absoluterik07 Salem, OR Member

That's a good question. I myself would like an answer as my old eotech had the same thing written on it. I personally think it's a marketing gimmick or maybe applies in California but any input would be appreciated!

3. Sasquatchvnv

Sasquatchvnv Port Orchard Active Member

As I understand it, those stamps were used when the Clinton era "assault weapons" ban was in place. The stamp means nothing since the ban expired.

4. Wierzbowski

Wierzbowski Sherwood Member

"High capacity" magazines manufactured during the Brady Ban years had to be marked for military/LEO use by law, and could not be sold to civilians. Since the Brady Ban has gone away (thank goodness), the stamp no longer has any legal significance or consequence in states without a hi-cap ban.

5. Redcap

Redcap Lewis County, WA Well-Known Member

It means absolutely NOTHING now.

6. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

+1

It means nothings since the sunset of the assault weapon ban.

7. HappyRoman

HappyRoman Sherwood Forest Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Trismn, give me a break,, it means someone has a mag made during the Clinton assult ban, or that someone has a mag that the factory had time to stamp on, as they thought they would be sold during the ban, or just a mag that someone wanted to stamp, or..

8. It still means something in Cali.

9. Riot

Riot Benton County, Washington Well-Known Member

In 1994 the Liberals thought it would be funny...joke even lasted until 2004.