JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Zombie.........I must concur and applaud your remarks. The desire to serve one's community seems to be fading. Having 21 years in the military and having had county and state jobs, I am hoping to return to some kind of public service after a very unsatisfying 13.5 year insurance career. It is nice to believe (accurate or not) that you are making a contribution more important than the next quarterly earnings report and your manager's (or even your)next bonus!

Seems so many are wanting the community to serve them, while placing a mask over their face while they serve some foreign warlord by sending cash or "food" through a third party to "Somali children." Real smart. They wonder why our nation is losing so much money, but then asks the government to take money from the rich and redistribute..?

Sorry, rant.

To out veterans, police, firefighters, paramedics, etc... You deserve all the support we can give you, as you are the backbone of our nation as well as our society. We need leaders.

We all serve our city, state, etc. by being good citizens (the definition of which is open to interpretation to a small degree). We all deserve thanks, but it can only be justified if you know that every action taken while representing a category has been lawful and moral. Blind glorification and/or allegiance is a dangerous behavior. There is a higher probability that the 4 categories listed, compared to everything else, have done bad and/or evil in the name of the State, Country, and Government because they have virtual immunity to their actions. It should be pointed out that stating only certain categories "serve" and are worthy of "thanks" also equates to those that don't fit in one of those categories aren't worthy of thanks.

I want to thank those in any CHOSEN career/job that have always done what is right in line with a moral code, in line with liberty, and in line with the US Constitution. Other categories: Grocery store clerk, postal delivery person, farmer, teacher.

Oh yes, but only in a perfect world could we live in a free and safe country without these so called bad and evil doing categories. I know who I want at my back if the S.H.F. These people are at the top, because without them, everything else is lost. :confused:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top