JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
As an LEO, I hate seeing these programs.

Police Chiefs that follow lend their credentials to politicians who force these Gun Buy Back or Turn In programs, are no better then the politicians legs that they hump.

Anyone one with a lick of sense knows that criminals ARE NOT going to turn in theirs.

All these programs do, is collect broken/useless weapons. They also collect from idiots (and maybe that is not too bad).

Such stupid should never be tolerated.

Despicable.

Police Chiefs are employees of the cities. If the city decides to do something, and that is not in violation of any laws or Constitution, why wouldn't Chiefs comply ? Do you think they should resign ? Besides, it's not only about criminals. It's about people getting rid of unwanted guns, which otherwise might get neglected and get stolen or accessed by kids. My only objection is that my taxes are used to fund that nonsense.

I have considered this myself whenever I have read about a buyback where a local Chief/Sheriff is materially involved. They should steer clear of any part of them unless they are requested for security.

I have considered this myself whenever I have read about a buyback where a local Chief/Sheriff is materially involved. They should steer clear of any part of them unless they are requested for security.

Sheriffs is a completely different story. Sheriff is elected by the people, not hired by a city council.

Besides that there is no evidence of any kind, stats, polls etc that even show a buy back has any impact.
California did this and of course we all know crime in LA dropped and no one ever gets shot their.:huh:

We don't know that it didn't either. You realize that crime is dropping all over the place ? Or did you expect a 100% reduction in crime because of a few gun buybacks ?

We don't know that it didn't either. You realize that crime is dropping all over the place ? Or did you expect a 100% reduction in crime because of a few gun buybacks ?

Crime is dropping? Where do you live? Ours has gone out the roof. They just now dont take reports for most of it. Thats how the crime stats are staying down.

Lets see they dont even come out for reports for 28 differnt crimes now that use to be counted. Humm and if you take off your rose colerd glasses you will see crim is not down it is up.

Sorry for the spelling but big hands on a little phone and no glasses dont help much. But If you want references how about the Oregonian you know that news paper it was on the cover maybe you read it. or Lars Larson He talked about it for over a month and still references it all the time. Is that good enough or do you want more references.

I'm gonna participate in the next local gun buy back. (A misnomer itself, BTW...I never bought my guns from the police, how can they 'buy' them back?) Regardless, I have an '80s Jennings .22 that I know I could get more in grocery coupons if I turned it in than I could if I sold it here on the trader.

Keith

Sorry for the spelling but big hands on a little phone and no glasses dont help much. But If you want references how about the Oregonian you know that news paper it was on the cover maybe you read it. or Lars Larson He talked about it for over a month and still references it all the time. Is that good enough or do you want more references.

Sorry for mentioning the spelling, that wasn't necessary. And I'll try to look up the Oregonian reference you mention.

I'm gonna participate in the next local gun buy back. (A misnomer itself, BTW...I never bought my guns from the police, how can they 'buy' them back?) Regardless, I have an '80s Jennings .22 that I know I could get more in grocery coupons if I turned it in than I could if I sold it here on the trader.

I've been looking for a Jennings/Jimenez .22 to play with. I've gotten a bug to collect some older Saturday night specials. Let me know if you would sell. I might not give you more than the gun buyback gift card, but you could sleep well at night knowing you didn't cause a gun to get chopped up. ;)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top