Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Leinad .410 / .22 survival rifle

Discussion in 'Preparedness & Survival' started by Sturmhimmel, Aug 25, 2013.

1. Sturmhimmel

Sturmhimmel Lynnwood New Member

Apparently a company called Excalibur LLC makes parts kits for a .410 / .22 over under survival rifle that seems to be based on the Cobray Leinad derringers. I was curious if anyone had any experience with these as $70 for a DIY rifle seems to be reasonable for a project.

2. erudne

erudne The Pie Matrix PPL Say Sleeping W/Your Rifle Is A bad Thing? Bronze Supporter

I can't give info for the 410/22 except to say that the combo w/ Good Sights would be a good gun in woodland hunting! but even a single shot 410 or 20 ga would do the same!
    A 22 mag/20ga 3" is what Savage sold and what I used, mucho KD power!

3. carracer

carracer Nampa, Idaho Active Member

I had a .22mag/.410 Savage and later a 30-30/20ga savage. May again get a .22/410.

I went to the website for Excaliber and it is under construction. They do list a ph number.

4. unklekippy

unklekippy In The Mountains Near Sprague River Well-Known Member

I have a Savage 42 in 22lr/.410. I don't know about the Excalibur, but the combo is really great. I use it for dispatching critters on my property, but if I were on the move in the forest I would be very comfortable with it, 50 rounds of 22lr and 20 rounds of .410.

5. erudne

erudne The Pie Matrix PPL Say Sleeping W/Your Rifle Is A bad Thing? Bronze Supporter

Back in the Day we was legal on grouse with any decent round, 22 mag/38spl, boy, I bounced em along logging trails, and up in the trees,