JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
.....My point is that if you cant hear where the danger comes from you cant respond to it to neutralize the threat.Law enforcement officers and military all around the world will agree with my point of view also.

I have not misjudged you. You use insults and "facts" you just make up to support your arguments. What lethal firearm available legally in the USA can not be heard? All guns make action noise, all bullets (even subsonic) make flight noise. You are exaggerating or lying to support your position.

.....I hate to see any kind of controls put on my use of guns but I fear the outcome of a society with no control. One only needs to look at Iraq to see the results of uncontrolled use of guns in a city.

Where is this “no control” crap coming from? Silencers are among the most strictly controlled firearms in the country. I doubt you can come up with a single violent crime committed by a civilian with a legally possessed silencer in the USA; but you would have us believe that it is such an enormous problem their use needs to be banned. One of the best things about the USA is that it is not Iraq, it is not Iran, it is not China and it is not Cuba. But you would have us become more like those disgusting counties because you claim to fear a lack of control. If you are an American, then I am ashamed that you are allowed to vote.

You have yet to post any evidence to support your claims. Your arguments are weak in the extreme.

Ranb

You too mis judge me mr ranbo I own most of the guns that they wish to ban and in fact I just came back from the range shooting them. My point is that if you cant hear where the danger comes from you cant respond to it to neutralize the threat.Law enforcement officers and military all around the world will agree with my point of view also. Please try to see the danger in a silenced gun in a neighborhood environment. When officers respond to a shooting incident but dont know where it came from. How do they direct their forces? We citizens ask law enforcement officers to protect us from threats like this and cuss them when they cant respond. I hate to see any kind of controls put on my use of guns but I fear the outcome of a society with no control. One only needs to look at Iraq to see the results of uncontrolled use of guns in a city.

Did you just really make an Iraqi reference to support your view?

If you don't know, then don't go there...you have NO IDEA what the heck you are talking about in this aspect. Gun control is not the issue in Iraq, they have many problems but the guns aren't apart of it. The problem is stupid people that have no idea what the heck they are talking about or doing like to put stupid restrictions on our troops so that they can't do their jobs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If anything, it is the exact opposite...if every house owned an AK-47, then insurgency would be at an all time low. Did you know that in Afghanistan every household is allowed to have an AK with 2 magazines to defend their homes?

If you can fight tyranny, you can beat tyranny...the problem with the Middle East is many fold. They have sympathizers and people that just try to stay out of it...if I came to your house and put a gun to your head and told you to put a bomb on the side of the road or I would kill your family and cut your head off, you would do it! Now if you were allowed to have a gun, you could kill me instead!!

Get it?!

Somehow I doubt you do....but I'm going to walk away from the computer now before I break something.

If you don't know about something, then shut your mouth!

Well, I'm in Oregon where the average shooter is of much higher intelligence and reliability than the average shooter in Washington. Darn it, I think it is likely that all Washington shooters are actually potential terrorists or school-child killers.

Thank Heaven they are not allowed to use suppressors - even though they are responsible enough to carry them around.

You should put that crack pipe down. That statement shows your intelligence and ignorance. That is about the most stupid statement I have read on this forum.

Back on topic, I'll vote or sign for any and every act that may lead to the legal use of silencers by people who own them legally. Shoot, I'd even pay and extra $50 to be able to use it. Thats gotta add up to some major cheese the governer could use for more things we didn't vote for.

I just spoke with Kurt in Mr. Condotta office whom sponsored this bill. This bill was not read and died. They are planning on reintroducing it next year. Kurt asked if anyone has contacted a House Democrat whom would support this bill.

If anyone has heard from their House Democrat that is for this bill can you please let me know. Thanks

Below are some replies to my emails sent to Representative Pedersen last week. He is the House Judiciary Chairman and decides what bills get out of committee and which ones do not. He claims that I was the only person to write to him and that the Republicans on the Judiciary committee did not think the bill was important. Thus far Pedersen has been the only one to respond to my emails. If what he says is true, then I am extremely disappointed in the Republicans and Washington gun owners in general.

We need to get some more influential people involved if we expect to ever get this bill out of committee. Didn’t a group of people in another state hire a lobbyist to get a pro-gun bill passed that made silencers legal? I wonder if the Washington Arms Collectors Association would be interested in supporting HB 1604.

Ranb

Dear Mr. Ranb

Thanks for your message. The cutoff for scheduling House bills for public hearing in the House Judiciary Committee came and went several weeks ago, so this bill is dead for the session. The same is true of 58 other House bills that did not pass out. We passed 27 House bills out of committee this year. One of the hardest jobs I have is to determine not only what is good policy in the many areas that my committee oversees (ranging from domestic violence to landlord-tenant law, from corporate law to drunk driving) -- but to determine which are the most important. I think you are the only person in the state who wrote to me about this bill, and the Republicans on my committee did not list this as a priority bill for hearing.

Best wishes, Jamie

and

Dear Mr. Ranb

If I am still the chair of the committee, I will go through the same process next year. The House Judiciary Committee always has more bills before it than it can hear, so the questions will include (1) whether there is any groundswell of interest in the bill, both from members and from the general public; and (2) what are the other bills before the committee and how important is this bill relative to those others.

Here are some quick thoughts on the specific questions you raise:

1. Why do you feel that allowing use of silencers by law abiding residents is controversial? All gun bills involve some controversy, whether they are gun control measures or “pro-gun” measures.
2. Do you feel it is fair that gun owners are threatened with gross misdemeanor penalties for use of a silencer in Washington? Yes. No one needs to use a silencer. The penalty is easy to avoid.
3. Are you going to allow House Bill 1604 a fair chance at being passed into law? I’m not sure what that means. I need to be convinced that the legislation is necessary and am not willing to commit that I would give the bill a hearing, particularly without knowing what else will be before my committee next session.

Best wishes, Jamie

I wonder what the DoJ would think about companies using suppressors in front of police officers illegally? Stretches the imagination that a demonstration consists of saying "This is a suppressor".

Take a look at this link.
http://www.wstoa.org/training.html
Then tab to the choice "Demo/Range Day May 7th"

Quote:
Surefire training division reps will be on hand to demo Surefire Suppressors, as well as lights.

(I took a printout of this just in case the article gets "edited". Look fast because these adds are replaced with new ones frequently.)

The DoJ is going to have to explain to me how a company can use a suppressor in a demonstration to a PD without it being OK for others to do so. There are no exemptions on suppressor use in WA that I can find. Of course, they could claim that this is a demonstration of how to put the suppressor on a carbine and then remove it - but a subpoena under oath can fix that if ever the needs arises.
Keep in mind that there are dealer samples out there that can be legaly shot as a demo for certain crowds.

Of the 40 states that I know where supressors are leagal, only Washington state has a provision where it is illegal to shoot them. THE ONLY ONE. I will be traveling to Ore in June and July for a supressor shoots. I have also traveled down for machinge gun shoots too.

Sigman,
I know there are situations under federal law where dealers can demonstrate various NFA items such as newly manufactured fully automatic weapons. Federal law also makes the ownership and use of suppressors legal.

Despite a search I have been unable to find any exemption that allows anyone to fire a suppressor in WA state. (I would imagine that the SS or possibly the FBI would disregard the law but that is another matter).

Please, to help my search, could you provide a reference to an exemption in the law that allows anyone to fire a suppressor in WA? I would love to use this as a starting point in precisely understanding the law.

Do you have any reference that overrides state law to permit an NFA dealer to demonstrate a fully automatic weapon in any state? I do know for example that even CA will allow fully auto demonstrations under certain circumstances but that is permitted under state law.

Sigman,
I know there are situations under federal law where dealers can demonstrate various NFA items such as newly manufactured fully automatic weapons. Federal law also makes the ownership and use of suppressors legal.

Despite a search I have been unable to find any exemption that allows anyone to fire a suppressor in WA state. (I would imagine that the SS or possibly the FBI would disregard the law but that is another matter).

Please, to help my search, could you provide a reference to an exemption in the law that allows anyone to fire a suppressor in WA? I would love to use this as a starting point in precisely understanding the law.

Do you have any reference that overrides state law to permit an NFA dealer to demonstrate a fully automatic weapon in any state? I do know for example that even CA will allow fully auto demonstrations under certain circumstances but that is permitted under state law.

There are no demo or LEO exemptions. You won't find any because there arent any.

Keep in mind that there are dealer samples out there that can be legaly shot as a demo for certain crowds.

Nope. Machineguns and SBR's yes. Silencers No. There is no exemption for demo or LEO's . Military doesnt count as they have their own rules on Federal Reservations.

This is never going to fly. Only way to get silencer use legalized in the state is for someone to get actually charged with silencer use and for them to appeal it up to the state supreme court. They have a shown a very pro gun bias lately and are acting accordingly as seen in State v. Christopher William Sieyes. The legislature will never pass 1604.

Its a misdemeanor so I'm not terribly worried about it. I'll just keep doing what I have been and who knows? Maybe someday they'll charge me with silencer use. I can afford a lawyer if need be.

It is a gross misdemeanor. I can afford the $1000 fine, but not the 6 months in jail. I will keep trying to get them made legal, and leave the state if I can not.

Ranb

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top