JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Although I acknowledge that this bill ultimately supports the rights of all gun owners, it would have a direct effect on only a small minority of them. How many Washingtonians legally own suppressors? 5,000? 10,000? Likely no more than 1% of gun owners... It's not a big enough constituency to cause a politician to put himself on the line, unless he hears from them frequently and loudly. And make no mistake - this is the kind of bill that makes visions of hyperbolic attack ads dance in politicians' heads at night.

I'm willing to bet your are very low on that number.:s0155:

I wonder what the DoJ would think about companies using suppressors in front of police officers illegally? Stretches the imagination that a demonstration consists of saying "This is a suppressor".

Take a look at this link.
http://www.wstoa.org/training.html

Several years ago I remember reading something about how WA allows the legal use of silencers by the police and military. It was not an exemption from prosecution, but something else. Darned if I can remember exactly what it was though.

The demo in the link above is open to all government employees and military. I hope to be able to attend and find out more about how the police and military are able to legally use silencers in WA. My main for attending reason is to see various silencers in action and see how they compare to the ones I make. It should be lots of fun if I can make it.

Ranb

And make no mistake - this is the kind of bill that makes visions of hyperbolic attack ads dance in politicians' heads at night.

The law that made machine guns and other title 2 weapons contraband in WA was included in an education bill. Any politician that voted against the ban was also voting against education. Talk about a stacked deck.

Too bad we can not get the silencer use law hidden away in some budget bill that everyone wants to pass. Think of the Hughes amendment that was tucked into the Gun Owner’s Protection Act that resulted in no new machine guns in the NFA registry.

Ranb

Ranb,
In the legal stuff that I have been able to find an exemption was made for LE and military to use full-auto but not suppressors. About as sensible as the present suppressor law. The RCW 9.41.250. The RCW mentions both knives and suppressors. LE are specifically permitted to own knives but there is no reference to using suppressors.

The law was effective 1994. Something may have changed but I have not found it yet.

So now we have it. He will never allow any bill legalizing silencer use to get out of committe as long as he is chairman because it seems not one SOB even wants the bill passed, according to him.

In any case, this is good information. It reveals that nobody is even writing to them about this, and gives us a clear goal over the next year. When someone tells you something is impossible, then it's the perfect opportunity to prove them wrong. :s0155:

If we organize a grassroots campaign to get this pushed through to a vote next year, maybe it can happen. At the least, we just need to get all these suppressor owners (and other interested gun owners) to speak up for what they want. Apparently nobody has been doing that. If people hear that there is a group effort happening, perhaps more will come out of hiding and step up as well.

mufflers on guns is a great idea, that way when someone down the street kills his ole lady I can sleep through it all and feel safe and secure knowing that there are no shootings in my neighbor hood!!

mufflers on guns is a great idea, that way when someone down the street kills his ole lady I can sleep through it all and feel safe and secure knowing that there are no shootings in my neighbor hood!!

It is people like you who virtually guarantee that we will continue to have oppressive gun control laws now and in the future.

Ranb

Perhaps use the most powerful state department in Washington. Labor and Industries seem to get anything and everything they want, NO ONE seems to have the clout to stand against them. Perhaps some "workplace" or "public place" noise limit requirements that would necessitate the use of silencers on firearms for many easily defineable situations.... ranges, in neighbourhoods, in any business, and any government employees working in a public setting.... their own ranges, in public, demos, whatever. Convince someone in L&I that, since these devices are legal to OWN in Washington, they ought to be legal to USE. The hearing health and safety of our public requires it.

Yet another solution... not sure how many signatures would be required to place a Citizens Initiative on the November ballot, nor when they would have to be submitted. Putting it on the ballot, couched in terms of occupational health, may be a worthy effort.

do you even realize how much crap one has to go through to get a suppressor? the chances of a criminal getting one legally is ...0% the only way they would be able to get one is the usual way they get guns. they steal it or kill the original owner and then steal it. sterb041.gif

Amazing how many shooters fail to see the pure practicality of a suppressed firearm.

I probably shoot suppressed every third day in equipment tests. When you MUST shoot the suppressor makes the job much more convenient and pleasant - and I don't see why the average shooter should not enjoy the same benefits.

If you're not interested nobody is forcing you.

Amazing how many shooters fail to see the pure practicality of a suppressed firearm.

I probably shoot suppressed every third day in equipment tests. When you MUST shoot the suppressor makes the job much more convenient and pleasant - and I don't see why the average shooter should not enjoy the same benefits..

Just because you "can" doesnt mean the LAW wont bubblegum with you because you do.

Well, I'm in Oregon where the average shooter is of much higher intelligence and reliability than the average shooter in Washington. Darn it, I think it is likely that all Washington shooters are actually potential terrorists or school-child killers.

Thank Heaven they are not allowed to use suppressors - even though they are responsible enough to carry them around.

I think Ranbo must be shooting too big a gun. Kind of like his pen, neither can be silenced. But would work hard to silence other opinions on the subject.

If I was trying to silence you, then I would lobby the forum moderators to ban you; but I will not. I would rather try to show you the error of your ways. To me you are only to be pitied for your ridiculous attitudes towards firearms. You would be irrelevant if it were not for those poor unfortunate souls that agree with you.

What are you going to do when someone decides that the guns you own are only good for someone who "kills his ole lady "? Going to ask anyone else to support your efforts to keep guns legal? Or will you just roll over and take it like a mouse? I think you will play the mouse. You are already trying to convince the forum that you are a victim of someone who defends the right to keep and bear arms, something you obviously have no stomach for.

I started a new thread just for you to comment on instead of continuing to try to derail this thread. http://www.northwestfirearms.com/forum/showthread.php?p=182403#post182403 You could start with evidence to support your accusations.

Ranb

You too mis judge me mr ranbo I own most of the guns that they wish to ban and in fact I just came back from the range shooting them. My point is that if you cant hear where the danger comes from you cant respond to it to neutralize the threat.Law enforcement officers and military all around the world will agree with my point of view also. Please try to see the danger in a silenced gun in a neighborhood environment. When officers respond to a shooting incident but dont know where it came from. How do they direct their forces? We citizens ask law enforcement officers to protect us from threats like this and cuss them when they cant respond. I hate to see any kind of controls put on my use of guns but I fear the outcome of a society with no control. One only needs to look at Iraq to see the results of uncontrolled use of guns in a city.

You too mis judge me mr ranbo I own most of the guns that they wish to ban and in fact I just came back from the range shooting them. My point is that if you cant hear where the danger comes from you cant respond to it to neutralize the threat.Law enforcement officers and military all around the world will agree with my point of view also. Please try to see the danger in a silenced gun in a neighborhood environment. When officers respond to a shooting incident but dont know where it came from. How do they direct their forces? We citizens ask law enforcement officers to protect us from threats like this and cuss them when they cant respond. I hate to see any kind of controls put on my use of guns but I fear the outcome of a society with no control. One only needs to look at Iraq to see the results of uncontrolled use of guns in a city.

I smell a troll. Nobody is this stupid.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top