JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Keep Them or Dont Keep Them

• Keep Them

Votes: 20 40.0%
  • Dont Keep Them

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • What guns Private?

Votes: 29 58.0%

• Total voters
Reactions
***Just realized this should probably be in the General section, sorry!***

So just a random shower thought with all this talk of North Korea.

If the US were invaded, would I be allowed to keep the firearms of all the enemy soldiers I vigorously defend myself against before we throw them back in the ocean?

Or would some guy in uniform from our own military be going around collecting all those?

I'm claiming i paid the iron price for that bubblegum! (Game of Thrones Reference)

Last Edited:
I'm not sure you would be "allowed" to keep one or whatever number ... But if you were to "souvenir" one or a few ... I wouldn't tell anyone.
If you did keep one , why would you say you did?
Andy

Last Edited:
Captured Nork weapons don't do much for me considering they don't even appear to be functional.

m9lfde.jpg

North Korea's soldiers: A closer look the military's 'fake' capabilities

If the US were invaded, would I be allowed to keep the firearms of all the enemy soldiers I vigorously defend myself against before we throw them back in the ocean?

Or would some guy in uniform from our own military be going around collecting all those?

I'm claiming i paid the iron price for that bubblegum! (Game of Thrones Reference)

If you find yourself at war.
You better worry about not getting killed.

You can worry about the trophies when and if you survive to the mop up. o_O

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting question, in sort of a weird way. As to the answer, no idea. And likely no one knows for sure either. The US mainland hasn't had many attacks in a couple hundred years, though there most certainly have been some. The last time the capital was occupied by a foreign power was during the War of 1812. The odds of the crazy fatboy in DPRK launching a successful invasion of even a portion of American soil seems remote.

Longer answer: Title I stuff (e.g., pistols, semi-auto rifles, et al.) has been kosher for bring backs for many of the wars abroad. NFA items (e.g., full-auto anything, short rifles, etc.) is more mixed. There were machine-guns brought back, legally, during the World War II era until May 28, 1945. I can think of at least one short-barrel rifle from the period (Volkssturm VG 1-5 with a 14.9" barrel) being removed from the purview of NFA. This document should be of historical interest for those curious on all the ins and outs on the full-auto topic.

Cheers.

Last Edited:
If we are at war and you shoot an enemy solider and he drops his/her weapon and none of his buddies come along to pick it up. You have my permission to pick it up and do what ever you want with it. If once order is restored and the US Government says you have to turn in any enemy weapons you happen to have then its up to you to comply or not. But as far as picking it up and packing it off with you your good to go as far as I am concerned.

But in reality I can not possibly imagine a scenario where more then a row boat of North Korean Soldiers could manage to land on an Oregon Beach. The distance is to great the warning would be to long. Unless they come by Sub and there aren't enough subs in NK to land enough foot soldiers to do squat.

I'm a gonna be looking for U.S. Mil losses, especially the good stuff [ like a Maw- Deuce] or a M- 4/203 or M- 243 ECT,........ why waste the good stuff while grabbing the krap?
Seriously, the chances of any invasion from any Asian military force is just about zero, so this is just for fun! Not a one nation possesses the naval resources to transport the numbers to bring said forces ashore here, and even if they did, they would be met with overwhelming force by us very pizzed Americans!!!!

What enemy guns????o_O
WOLVERINES!!!!;););)

So if you're Barney-BA enough to defeat and repel a foreign military force from the homeland, I think you could handle some dip-sheite goobermint revenuers sniffing around to confiscate true ASSAULT rifles at that point in the game.

You keep what you kill!

We should ask former Senator and Secretary of State, John Kerry:
"They gave me a hat... I have the hat to this day... I have the hat," And a Chi-Com AK-47. In Massachusetts.

ref to Wall St. Journal, James Taranto Best of the Web.

ref September 17, 2004 (CNSNews.com) - Does Sen. John F. Kerry really own a "Communist Chinese assault rifle," as he suggested in an interview in the latest edition of Outdoor Life magazine?
https://goo.gl/2YZBpw

We should ask former Senator and Secretary of State, John Kerry:
"They gave me a hat... I have the hat to this day... I have the hat," And a Chi-Com AK-47. In Massachusetts.

ref to Wall St. Journal, James Taranto Best of the Web.

ref September 17, 2004 (CNSNews.com) - Does Sen. John F. Kerry really own a "Communist Chinese assault rifle," as he suggested in an interview in the latest edition of Outdoor Life magazine?
https://goo.gl/2YZBpw

Pretty sure he traded it for that blow-up "love pillow" Theresa Heinz Kerry when he gold-dug his way into that family fortune... you know, the bimbo who stated during that presidential campaign she wanted to help the Africans by "giving them blankets".

:rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR