JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you see a scary guy come out from an alley behind you, you turn and he looks scary, has a nasty look on his face and is behaving aggressively, simply yell "STOP!" If he keeps coming it's time to put your hand on your weapon and yell STOP, YOU'RE FRIGHTENING ME!" If he keeps on coming, draw/shoot as indicated. It may happen faster than that and no time for even one warning, much less two. also, use a hand in front of you. the guy could be deaf, and if he's going to attack it puts some more distance between your gun hand and him.

Good words.

Some of the best advice I've heard came from Masaad Ayoob. He recommends thinking through various scenarios and evaluating ahead of time what would be a proper and reasonable response. He also points out the fact that the system would be against you and your spur of the moment actions would be analyzed by a comfortable jury that may or may not appreciate the stress of a split second decision. For that reason, avoidance (if possible) is best. A jury and most likely the police and prosecutors would look favorably on any attempt to back away - given the chance - even if you don't have to. If a threat continues to advance, their intent to do harm is made more clear. In short, calculate your actions to play to the judge and jury

It's kind of a "Catch 22".If you DO have a gun on you,any attack is now "life threatening".
Doesn't matter how much training you have.This shmuck may have taken more,for all you know,before he took to robing people.
You aren't a fortune teller.

I don't carry much,but if I don't like the situation,I have the gun a ready and will not do the "quick draw".I will carry the gun in my pocket,if I have to be in a "alone" situation,where there isn't a big public presence.

This falls under the same mind set as 'open carry' which tells the attacker the story.he doesn't need to know any details until it's too late. But your body language will tell him a story anyway.
They notice important things like how confident you are,how attentive you are,how you walk,etc.
So he probably knows when he sees you that you may have a gun or aren't a "victim"

If you look they guy in the eyes and let him know with a glance and a hand movement towards your piece,you probably won't need any words.

I have done this a few times.
A guy trying to mess around on the 167 from Auburn (boeing muts).I looked down at the seat and he disappeared.
Downtown Seattle restaurant,the valet brought my car back with the high beams on.Guy in front of me wanted to talk about it with a flashlight.My movements made him decide to stop walking.
No gun shown or talked about.

Longview motel.A girl is running across the street yelling help.I look at the guy chasing her and bend down to position my gun if he continues.He decides not to cross the road.

And with no gun on me.At the Tacoma mall Borders,a guy is shadowing me.I slow down and turn to eye ball him.He doesn't break stride.He just changes direction and crosses the street.

Most of the time,you can ,and probably have ,changed the outcome of a bad situation by how you are carrying yourself.
No words needed. If words are needed on a bad guy,your gun is needed to be at the ready.Not ready for a quick draw.
I think y'all need to rethink the quick draw and have a way of having the gun out of sight and pointing at a MFer
That's just me though.

Oh my one statement would be something to the effect of you think your life is in danger and will in fact defend it accordingly.

Remember,if you are worrying about going to jail,you may end up in the morgue.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top