JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Backwards, 'krieg.

That law limits the government, not us.

And there's always the internet option: if I don't like something, nothing requires me to either change it or leave. I can stay and complain about it on the internet.

Nice try, though.

Hmmm. Anybody know of any 80% suppressor kits out there? And if you made your own, you wouldn't need a tax stamp, right? Those are just for every transfer.

I hope you are just joking. But just in case your not, before you even think of building a silencer you better have the tax stamp in hand. There are some great threads on here and silencer talk that will guide you through the paperwork and building one. Good luck

Not to side track the thread or make anyone mad... If I was to get out the hand drill and files (sarcasm) and finish an 80% or 95% lower. Could I ship it to Portland (from Washington) to have the lower anodized? Or would it have to go thru an FFL?

I think my best bet would be to have it cerakoted by a local shop but I'm curious about shipping a "completed" lower.

Thanks.

I worked for a gunsmithing shop for some time, as long as you are sending it in for "repair" (that would include refinishing) it can be returned directly to you. It is not a transfer of ownership.

I worked for a gunsmithing shop for some time, as long as you are sending it in for "repair" (that would include refinishing) it can be returned directly to you. It is not a transfer of ownership.

Good to know, thank you. If I was to do something I would probably just take it to the local tacticool shop and have it cerakoted.

yes
yes
yes
Folks have been been building 80% AR recievers into guns for years. where have you been?

Do your own research

It came across that way, but hearing what you have to say, I do understand your frustration. Honestly, there are some people that won't know where to start the search. I am a fan of pointing them in the right direction, such as pointing them to the BATF website, and suggesting they do some digging. That's beneficial to them as they become more familiar with how the whole thing works. Hand-holding isn't my favorite thing either, especially when I've done it over and over. But, I do try to make an allowance for the newbies - heck, we were all there once, right? No hard feelings, I just prefer the gun community keep it civil so that we attract more new people rather than turn them away. And every newbie is going to need some help.

Take it easy.

Not a noob; just very cautious when it comes to federal prison time. 38 years of firearm ownership and CCHP holder since 1976.

Thank you so much for jumping on someone with a simple question. I DID do a search on NWFA and thought I could ask fellow enthusiasts for their opinion. Guess I was in error.

Asking for legal advice (and asking about something involving federal prison time, as you point out, is absolutely asking for legal advice) on the internet is where you made your error.

Asking for legal advice on the internet is a bad, bad idea.

Even it the question is answered by a lawyer, he's not your lawyer, and that makes a very real difference.

If you want real legal advice, the thing to do is go to a lawyer, and pay them for their advice. That way, you won't get answers from Skeeter & Booger's Excellent Beer, Bait & Legal Advice.

Not to mention that folks won't make fun of you.

Asking for legal advice (and asking about something involving federal prison time, as you point out, is absolutely asking for legal advice) on the internet is where you made your error.

Asking for legal advice on the internet is a bad, bad idea.

Even it the question is answered by a lawyer, he's not your lawyer, and that makes a very real difference.

If you want real legal advice, the thing to do is go to a lawyer, and pay them for their advice. That way, you won't get answers from Skeeter & Booger's Excellent Beer, Bait & Legal Advice.

Not to mention that folks won't make fun of you.

What a pack of (fill in the blank)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top