JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Most state/local laws ban "firearm discharge" BUT are
Blanks included? That Clark warning shot arrest
highlites the issue; would it be legal if he used blanks?
Opinions, ideas and facts please!

The person you are shooting blanks at will not know you are shooting blanks and could very likely return fire with live rounds. All around bad idea.

Besides, it does not matter if you are firing live rounds or blanks there will be an element of fear created in the intended person(s). You will loose in a court of law once that element of fear is established. At close range you can still cause serious bodily injury up to and including death using blanks.

I think what needs to be considered first and foremost is the intent and attitude behind the reason for pulling the trigger in the first place.

Like already said here I would not fire blanks...If I have to pull my gun it will be to use it period. I do wish we had a true castle law here and its sad we aren't able to use force to protect our belongings here in Oregon. I have had cars broken into-truck stolen and the closest thing to home garage broken into and I don't live in a big city or high crime area. While I don't want to see folks losing their lives over a car stereo I do think if the meth heads in this state knew law abiding citizens can protect their property with deadly force you would see a lot less theft. Sorry I will get off my soap box :)

I can't think of ANY self-defense sittuation where I would consider loading a blank in the chamber of my gun while I am confronting a bad guy. BAD IDEA! Especially considering that you would still be discharging a firearm. If you are authorized to use it, you should probably be using it, and not as a noise maker.

A deserted rural Sacramento river beach
Parking lots
Back HWY VS illegal alien serial killers who were later caught
Gas station
My own living room
Etc

Wow... Blitz, I thought I have lived an interesting life.

I'd buy the suds and have a horseshoe pit ready if you are ever in the mood to share those stories. I'd be grateful, as hearing about those kinds of experiences would help the mindset... very educational, I'd expect.

One thing to add is that firing a blank results in a muzzle blast that can produce significant damage at close range. Some people have been killed by blanks fired at close range. One of the higher profile instances was back in the 80's. An actor named Jon-Erik Hexum put a revolver loaded with blanks to his temple and pulled the trigger as a joke. He made it to the hospital but he died several days later.

Also Brandon Lee (son of Bruce Lee), although his case was a blank fired in a squibbed barrel.

Wow... Blitz, I thought I have lived an interesting life.

I'd buy the suds and have a horseshoe pit ready if you are ever in the mood to share those stories. I'd be grateful, as hearing about those kinds of experiences would help the mindset... very educational, I'd expect.

I'm in Lacey.. buy the beer and shoot some pool with us sometime.. my gal will be there to confirm

Funny.. but actually because both dared to teach asian martial arts secrets to non asians. Bruce defeated a tong assassin they sent to silence him, so they offed him

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top