JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As another poster showed you are fine buying one. If you carry it and get caught, and they want to push it, yes, they can make it a crime. Like so many things it's going to depend a LOT on you if you wish to carry one. If you are not the type to get stopped and searched they will never know unless you use it. So you have to decide if it's worth it.
I have a cane sold by Cold Steel that is designed as a weapon. It's made out of some kind of plastic, seems to be indestructible, and is heavy enough to make a great striking weapon. Use it when I walk the dogs. Normally just having it will hold other aggressive dogs at reach. Have had to wack one a couple times and they decided they wanted no more.

The thing about knife laws is that they are usually more convoluted than gun laws and can vary widely city to city within the same state. Many states simply do not have anything resembling statewide knife laws. Check the local jurisdictions you are going to be in VERY carefully.

The only reason to carry it is if you think you might be in a situation where you would need to use it. Then you will be charged for carrying an prohibited weapon which will give the prosecutor another reason to hang you for using a weapon in what you claim is self defense. My CHL eliminates the unneeded additional headache should I ever need a weapon to defend myself.

Strange how the laws are for self defense weapons. I can understand why the human body can be a lethal/ legal weapon but it is really odd that we cannot fight with our bare hands to stand our ground without facing serious law problems, but we can shoot our assailant. :s0092::s0107:

Strange how the laws are for self defense weapons. I can understand why the human body can be a lethal/ legal weapon but it is really odd that we cannot fight with our bare hands to stand our ground without facing serious law problems, but we can shoot our assailant. :s0092::s0107:

Honestly, not odd at all, IMO.

Disparity of force, simplistically.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews