JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Many of you will have seen my recent post in the General discussion section regarding the sign placed by Parkrose Hardware excluding firearms and other weapons.

I have also had discussions with NW Armory about their sign.

My question is this: Do these exclusions have the force of law in Oregon?

I understand that workplaces can exclude weapons but this is part of the employee / employer contract (for now).

Oregon residents please chime in if I am incorrect....

It is my understanding that the signs themselves, do not carry the " force of law " .

( if they do, please cite )

But..

A private business can create any rule they like, and 86 you if you break said rule. If you refuse to leave, you can be trespassed.

On a personal note I make sure nobody knows I am carrying. I do not carry into places defined by law, that are prohibited for me to carry in.

I also subscribe to what OER posted. I just will not shop in a place like that. I like parkrose as much as the next guy and believe in supporting local business, but home depot sure is a nice store...

If you refuse to leave, you can be trespassed.

Trespassing with a firearm, even worse.

164.265 Criminal trespass while in possession of a firearm.
(1) A person commits the crime of criminal trespass while in possession of a firearm who, while in possession of a firearm, enters or remains unlawfully in or upon premises.
(2) Criminal trespass while in possession of a firearm is a Class A misdemeanor

Trespassing with a firearm, even worse.

164.265 Criminal trespass while in possession of a firearm.
(1) A person commits the crime of criminal trespass while in possession of a firearm who, while in possession of a firearm, enters or remains unlawfully in or upon premises.
(2) Criminal trespass while in possession of a firearm is a Class A misdemeanor

Good info for sure. :s0155:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top