JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I used to go shoot at a gravel pit on the way up to Larch mountain. I know that doesn't narrow it down too much. It was 25 years ago, and I doubt I could find it again if I had to, but it was just right adjacent to the highway, on the north side (left side, going up.)

Saw a bobcat (? something with a docked tail) at dusk, the last time I was returning from there.

MrB

Mamaloose is my spot. Past Estacada, about 40ish minutes from the Clackamas Town Center.

Phoneless, thanks for the tip! I didnt' find anything searching google maps, and haven't traveled out that way much. Do you by chance have directions? MUCH APPRECIATED.

I need about 200 rounds of therapy this weekend. Mainly in 9mm and .380 caliber ;-)

Take 224 towards Estacada.

When you get to Estacada, get in the left lane, the road splits, stay to the left and you will be heading the right way, towards Detroit.

Follow 224 a little more then 9 miles past Estacada,

Look for a green bridge on your right. once you see it just cross the green bridge and stay on the pavement and you cannot miss the rock quarry. it is 6.8 miles up the road after you cross the green bridge.

Is the road to the quarry clear? It is usually still snowed in this time of year.

I am not sure... but with how warm it has been and the the high snow levels.... I am thinking if there is any snow it should be pretty easy to pass with a 4x4.

Elevation @ the pit is 3200' -- we haven't had snow at that level in a long time and have had some almost spring-like weather, so I am not sure what the roads are like.

Head out of Mololla on Sawtell rd , keep going past the cemetery ,stay to the right. A few more miles down Sawtell takes a right but if you keep going straight (follow the gravel rd) that puts you on BLM land. lot's of great shooting holes up there. Pay attention to the roads your on or you could get lost. Please keep it clean up there ?????

I used to go shoot at a gravel pit on the way up to Larch mountain. I know that doesn't narrow it down too much. It was 25 years ago, and I doubt I could find it again if I had to, but it was just right adjacent to the highway, on the north side (left side, going up.)

Saw a bobcat (? something with a docked tail) at dusk, the last time I was returning from there.

MrB

That area has been closed for quite a few years. In fact the road going to it (Palmer Mill Road) is closed from Larch Mt Highway to somewhere north around Brower Road. You may recall that two recreational shooters were murdered there awhile back in what the media called a "thrill kill".

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top