Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Legal or not?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ZigZagZeke, Oct 3, 2011.

1. ZigZagZeke

ZigZagZeke Eugene Silver Supporter Silver Supporter 2015 Volunteer

Found an obsidian arrow head half buried in the dirt while out deer hunting Saturday. This is private property in the middle of nowhere, so I'm pretty sure it's authentic. Exquisite workmanship. Would it have been legal to bring it home for my daughter?

2. deadeye

deadeye Albany,OR. Moderator Staff Member

Yes

3. moose

moose northwet coast Well-Known Member

AFAICT and IANAL, yes.

You should do some research on it. If it was clovis tech, it would be a jackpot.

4. Redcap

Redcap Lewis County, WA Well-Known Member

Possession is 9/10 of the law.

5. RVTECH

RVTECH LaPine Well-Known Member

Great find! The girlfriend of a friend of mine found a nice spear head East of LaPine earlier this summer while we were quad riding.

6. ZigZagZeke

ZigZagZeke Eugene Silver Supporter Silver Supporter 2015 Volunteer

I'll see if I can post a picture of it. I can't tell whether it's Clovis or something else. It's close, but no grooves down the spine. It's very thin and there's probably a few hundred flake marks all over it. Somebody put a lot of work into it. The very tip is broken off, maybe 1/16th". The whole thing is maybe 1.25" long.

It's interesting to think about the hunter who lost it. He was probably watching the same trails going in and out of that canyon, hoping to kill a deer, and feed his family, just like I was. He probably shot and missed, maybe damaging the point on a rock, and losing track of the first arrow as he tried for another shot.

7. FMJ 911

FMJ 911 Snohomish, Washington Active Member

Sounds cool. I have found some neat things over in Loomis, WA.