JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Found an obsidian arrow head half buried in the dirt while out deer hunting Saturday. This is private property in the middle of nowhere, so I'm pretty sure it's authentic. Exquisite workmanship. Would it have been legal to bring it home for my daughter?

I'll see if I can post a picture of it. I can't tell whether it's Clovis or something else. It's close, but no grooves down the spine. It's very thin and there's probably a few hundred flake marks all over it. Somebody put a lot of work into it. The very tip is broken off, maybe 1/16th". The whole thing is maybe 1.25" long.

It's interesting to think about the hunter who lost it. He was probably watching the same trails going in and out of that canyon, hoping to kill a deer, and feed his family, just like I was. He probably shot and missed, maybe damaging the point on a rock, and losing track of the first arrow as he tried for another shot.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top