JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'd imagine the 2nd amendment foundation would take the charge and I would donate some money to help fight it IF it passes BUT I am not convinced we will lose. It's going to come down to voter turn out and I don't care what the polls say any news story I see the vast majority of comments on those articles are heavily against 594 and most post detailed reasons why it is flawed. Hopefully most people are like myself and at least look at some of the comments on almost every news story they read. If so they will hopefully learn the flaws and vote no

< Why they don't have school shootings in Israel.
Notice the long gun slung over the teachers shoulder?

I don't think the polls mean much. 594 doesn't have the grassroots backing that 591 does. Hopefully 591 backers will prove me right!
I hope so since I still want to be able to take my step grandson shooting and let him use my guns!

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
"Defender of Freedom" award
NRA Golden Eagle member
WAC member

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"

does such a thing exist? Is there an organization that would be the point on taking I-594 to court to show it infringes on our 2nd amendment rights?
thanks

The problem is that background checks, by themselves, don't constitute a technical violation under any currently held position by the Federal courts.

This law is GOING to get taken to court the first time someone defines a transfer as applying to a loan. You can absolutely count on the state SC saying that's just fine, and you'd be hard pressed to find a federal judge to overrule them.

Until and unless SCOTUS makes the right to keep and bear arms subject to "strict scrutiny," which I don't see happening any time soon, laws like 594 will pass muster with the courts.

I disagree with that interpretation of course, but don't kid yourself that the courts are going to save us on this. They won't.

We will win at the ballot with an initiative to repeal 594 at some point. But we're not there by a long shot. We've been outspent more than 10-1 on this, and the 594 people have lied through their teeth at every opportunity.

Only people who really know about guns and the laws pertaining to them are really grasping the problems. Until that information gap is plugged among the average guys and gals out there, nothing is going to change.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top