Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Legal Age to posses a handgun

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by jdiazmtx, Dec 26, 2008.

1. jdiazmtx

jdiazmtx beaverton...surrounded by suburbans Member

got a question for all you gun experts here on this forum....does anyone know what the legal age is to possess a handgun..is it 18 or 21....would like to hear your opinions

2. OFADAN

OFADAN Brownsville, OR Well-Known Member

I'm only trying to help! I would strongly urge you to either A) consult with an attorney or B) call your local PD or Sheriff's Office in your county and ask them.

Why would you want our "opinions" when most of the folks here hide behind fictitious handles so you have no idea who we are and what our legal qualifications (if any) might be? "But your Honor - SixShooter45 & Commando AK on Northwest Firearms Forum told me it was legal!"

Therefore, obtaining legal opinions from any of us can potentially mess you up for the rest of your life.

However, I suspect before this thread is over a bunch of folks will jump in with their legal interpetations, opinions and ideas of what they understand is legal and you may even see some quotes from the ORS and other sources. Take the opinions for what they are - free opinion from anonymous "potentially unqualifed, yet well intended" folks on a public forum. This is potentially a legal and dangerious shortcut.

Thought you want to know...

Dan

3. Doubletap

Doubletap Newberg Well-Known Member

Amen....

4. PhysicsGuy

PhysicsGuy Corvallis, OR Resident Science Nut

The legal age to posses a handgun (at least in oregon) is 18. Although you cannot purchase one from an FFL or at a show until you are 21.

5. A2theK

A2theK Olympia Member

Do you guys in OR have a "if involved with a shooting club exemption"?