JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So, I know that Stag makes a left-handed specific AR, but I cannot (for the life of me) find anything similar for the AK platform. Does anybody out there know of a left-hand specific AK?? Is there any other solution besides just dealing w/ a right-side brass eject? I have poor focusing ability in my right eye, so shooting lefty is my only viable option.

I've seen ads for modifications/accessories that allow you to have a charging handle on the other side of the AK, but haven't seen any variant that ejects brass to the left.

I am left-handed, and shoot that way all the time, including my AK. In fact, I feel extremely uncomfortable just holding a rifle as a right-handed shooter would. From my experience, there's really no problem shooting a typical AK left-handed. It seems to throw spent casings into a pretty consistent direction and it throws it a good distance clear of the shooter so you don't have to worry about being hit by your brass.

Yes the AKs are great for leftys. I just shot mine today and had no problems at all:s0155: I have not seen a lefty version either. The AK is a its not broke dont fix it gun.

There are bolt carriers and top covers fabricated for left handed shooters. I haven't seen any around for a couple of months though. Last place I saw some was on AKfiles.com.

I have never seen or even heard of a "true" left handed AK, as the other posters stated there are top covers and bolt carriers that have been built for charging with the left hand but that is it.....If you have skills you could modify your own bolt carrier.

resources-wsb-488x318-anthonynavarrogettingreadytoruntheaklightningbolt-tm.jpg

I always note that old Al Quaida propaganda video clip of Osama squating down to take a token shot with a LEFT-HANDED AK47. He grins, fondles the rifle with admiration, and flips the left side safety up. All the goons around him are beaming with happiness---did they just give him a custom-made lefty AK?

Or is the video reversed somehow---is that even possible?..................elsullo :huh:

Well, as a lefty who's owned multiple AK's, I think they are better suited to being left handed in their stock form. If you look at all the ones that have the charging handles moved, it's so a right-handed person can charge it without dropping it off the shoulder. As a lefty, it's set up that way from the factory...;)

ak0305.jpg

I always note that old Al Quaida propaganda video clip of Osama squating down to take a token shot with a LEFT-HANDED AK47. He grins, fondles the rifle with admiration, and flips the left side safety up. All the goons around him are beaming with happiness---did they just give him a custom-made lefty AK?

Or is the video reversed somehow---is that even possible?..................elsullo :huh:

I'm pretty sure it's possible. As to why that would be done, I dunno... maybe they did it by mistake.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top