JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've been in this situation before. In recent years, I broke them down and sold the components. I had plenty of time to do it. A collet puller has been in my reloading stuff for years.

But I have to say, many years ago I settled on this policy for the most part:
I have learned for a couple reasons, only reload as you need them. This is one of them.
Accordingly, I'd get the brass prepped then stop until I needed more ammo. Proper brass prep is the most time consuming part of the process; once that's done, the rest goes fairly quickly. So I'd first fire off whatever I already had on hand, then load up some more. Some reloaders aren't content until they've loaded every last cartridge case in their possession.

When I started liquidating my lifetime gun accumulation a few years ago, that's when I had to deal with excess reloads that I'd never fire off. 8mm Mauser, 8x56Rmm Austrian, .30-30 Win., 10mm Auto, .38 Super, .41 Magnum, those were some that I had to break down. People bought everything on Gunbroker, except the powder, which I reused. Cases can be resized without disturbing the primer. Primed brass has to ship by common carrier ground service. It all found new homes and I didn't have to practically give it away as salvage but I had some retiree labor in it.

I remember once buying a FAL and I got a bunch of reloads with it. I was happy. Thinking that I could/might also use the ammo in my other firearms of the same caliber.

But then.....I had trouble chambering the reloads. They were not sized correctly. So....what do I do?

BUT, But, but....nowadays I know better than to trust someone else's reloads.

Anyway....
I bought a hammer-style puller.....and worked on the pile. Yeah....over time the hammer took a beating.

So then, I got tired of that and I bought a collet puller. That was definitely faster and far less work, IMHO.

Aloha, Mark

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads