JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So you have a goodly supply of ammo for a particular cartridge, then you sell/trade off your only gun chambered for it. Yeah, I know, bad planning, but I'm good at that :oops:. In the meantime, you don't have a use for the ammo or the components, and you can't really sell reloads, so short of buying another gun in that chambering, what do you do? And please don't tell me I'm the only one that's ever done this, I feel foolish enough already. Later.

Dave

So you have a goodly supply of ammo for a particular cartridge, then you sell/trade off your only gun chambered for it. Yeah, I know, bad planning, but I'm good at that :oops:. In the meantime, you don't have a use for the ammo or the components, and you can't really sell reloads, so short of buying another gun in that chambering, what do you do? And please don't tell me I'm the only one that's ever done this, I feel foolish enough already. Later.

Dave
I've got to ask….

What cartridge are we talking about?

Folks buy and sell "for components only " often enough.

I personally find that buying another gun is the answer in 99 out of 100 situations I create.
If you're coming up with 99 different times that you've had to buy a new gun, you're just making excuses, just buy the silly thing!

I have never run into this that I know of. I have bought components for a caliber I ended up not buying. SO those were easy to pass along. I gave up buying firearms I didn't want to keep a long time ago. So I have minimal ammo that doesn't have a current use. And the maybe shoe box I do have of misc. ammo I keep in case I do find something one day

I've got to ask….

What cartridge are we talking about?
Actually, my whole arsenal is in flux right now, so I have .45 ACP, 10mm auto, and some 6.5 Creedmoor. Traded my .45 on the 10, now it's going away, just too much gun for my needs. And kind of the same with the Creedmoor, I finally accepted the reality that I'll likely NEVER get to shoot 1000 yards, so why have a 1000 yard rifle? Later.

Dave

Just like you would do with surplus cash you have on hand...light it on fire.

Fire fixes everything.

27wct4.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top