JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So i was listening to a pod cast and the guy said that if your left eyed dominat you should shoot left handed. Is this true?
Ive always been taught to shoot right handed.i can get moa groups at a bench. But i went and got a left handed bow. And its honestly changed the way i shoot and it feels alot better. So my questions is should i start shooting my rifles left handed?

Yes it is true, vision is very important in shooting. You should shoot with the dominant eye. For rifle, that usually means a left rifle. For pistol, most of the time you can use the left eye if right handed.

I'm cross dominate, right handed and left eye dominant. With handgun I shoot right handed and with my left eye. Rifles (and bows) right handed with my right eye. Shotguns, right handed with a small patch on my left lens so it can't see the bead. This is what works for me.

I've worked with new shotgun shooters who are cross dominant that shot much better left handed because of being left eye dominant. Others just can't shoot with their weak hand and close one eye. My dad was cross dominant like me and shot rifles left handed. Seems that there are several different "right" answers.

I'm same as above. Right hand dominant / left eye dominant. I shoot rifles left handed and had to teach myself to shoot pistols left handed as well. It is kind of nice though having my right hand (strong hand) free for edged weapons or physical altercation.

As a general rule of thumb it is more natural to shoot long guns on the eye dominate side, but just about anything can be overcome with practice and patience. I am reasonably competent at shooting both handguns and long guns with either hand, long guns took a lot more work.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top