JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Alright, I am left handed and really want to use a sling on my AR but setting it up on the right side of the rifle proved to be a pain in the bubblegum. So I switched my front attachment point to the left how do you fellow lefty's run your slings? I am still having a hard time setting mine up to be able to be used to steady my shots if I want or to keep tight to my body while moving about. I have a Magpul ms3 sling with the claw style attachments if that helps.

Alright, I am left handed and really want to use a sling on my AR but setting it up on the right side of the rifle proved to be a pain in the bubblegum. So I switched my front attachment point to the left how do you fellow lefty's run your slings? I am still having a hard time setting mine up to be able to be used to steady my shots if I want or to keep tight to my body while moving about. I have a Magpul ms3 sling with the claw style attachments if that helps.

Here's what I do...
Post your slings - picture thread.
As a lefty I put the front attachment point on right side far forward and the rear on the left side or 12 o'clock far back. The claw does matter, put your sling attachment of choice or use standard or QD sling loops.

Mine is on a Stag

I am assuming you are referring to the Stag left-handed AR model, I'm left handed and all my AR's are standard right-hand eject and I have never had an issue shooting them left-handed.

Last Edited:
I keep both my ARs the same. The slings are BFG VCAS two point slings that are quick detach fronts and looped to the butt with para cord. They stay rolled up on the left side until needed. This really helps when in a vehicle. I have IDF elastic loops to stash the sling roll. Those gel wrist bracelets work well too.
A BFG universal wire loop works great on front sight posts if you do not have built in QD holes. A2AD69D3-D8B5-43B3-848C-98864E2CF0DD.jpeg 9EDF8C1B-1C31-4A03-81C0-37A410E24979.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top