Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Left handed bolt action plinker .22?

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by Frankenrifle, Apr 19, 2013.

1. Frankenrifle

Frankenrifle Clatskanie Active Member

Do they exist? I'm trying to find one of these for the wifey and they're like the white whale of rifles to me. I'm not a lefty so I didn't realise the pain it is to track one of these things down.

2. aasbra

aasbra Portland Active Member

Not sure if you would consider it a plinker, but CZ makes some .22LR bolts in left hand action. The 452 Lux is a nice rifle with open sights that I think they still make in LH.

3. Twodogs

Twodogs portland Or Active Member

Savage makes one I've got both rifle and left handed savage bolt guns. really not that hard to shoot a right hand bolt gun left handed.

4. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Savage MKII's in a number of varieties

5. PDXSparky

PDXSparky Keizer / Hillsboro Well-Known Member

Yep, savage if you can find one in stock somewhere. Keith's had one on his table at gun show last year that I nearly bought for my left-handed son.

6. AngryRedTicTac

AngryRedTicTac Vancouver, WA Active Member

Bi-Mart will happily order a Savage for you, and you'll pay the same great price as any other rifle there.

7. tony r

tony r vancouver wa New Member

I have a savage in .17 HMR that is a leftie. I actually like shooting it as a right handed shooter. I don't have to move my trigger hand to cycle another round. There are some semi auto rifles out there that are set up so that you can make them leftie or righty. The only one I can think of now is the cx storm. I have one in a 9mm. The lefties though are a little harder to find.