JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Due to injuries and less than desireable outcomes of surgeries, I am getting out of RH bolt actions and looking to get into a LH bolt action. I already have a basic ability to shoot and function weak side. A little picky, but not in a crazy way.
I am looking at finding a nice 308 LH with heavy/bull barrel and black (gotta keep the scary black stuff and let other have the pretty wood stuff), and it cant be a pos that falls apart after only a few factory rounds. Thats about it.
Anyone have one they could give a first hand review on? Please include specs. Thanks.

Ruger
pix169500907.jpg
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/789530512

Savage
51523-DEFAULT-l.jpg
Savage Arms - 110 TACTICAL LEFT HAND

My youngest son just bought a left handed stainless Tikka T3 Lite in .308 Win.

I'm pretty impressed with the rifle so far. It shot a 3/4" group with the first three rounds I ever fired from it.

E

Wait till that thing is broke in. It will do sub MOA all day at 300 yards. :)

Yup! Both the Wifes .243 and My Aught 6 were like that right outta the box! Hers with el'cheap-o corloked went into 3/4 inch @100 and held it through a full 20 rounds! Mine hates the Green Box, but loves the Fed blue box 180gr soft points! Go figure! Mine will do clover leafs with hand loads and so will the brides! Hers seems to really like the 120 gr Scrioccos and mine eats most any thing you bother to load for it, Doesn't like the light stuff though!

Yup! Both the Wifes .243 and My Aught 6 were like that right outta the box! Hers with el'cheap-o corloked went into 3/4 inch @100 and held it through a full 20 rounds! Mine hates the Green Box, but loves the Fed blue box 180gr soft points! Go figure! Mine will do clover leafs with hand loads and so will the brides! Hers seems to really like the 120 gr Scrioccos and mine eats most any thing you bother to load for it, Doesn't like the light stuff though!

Mine likes the heavier stuff as well.

Nerve issue in the right shoulder and elbow. Separation of one of the muscles lead to partial atrophy. Recoil (and other impacts) causes reduction of grip and function in the right hand and pain from hypersensitivity along segment of scar from one of the surgeries.
I have actually been looking at the 110. I havent looked at Tikka in person, I guess I need to go find one to check out. Finding models available in LH isnt too hard, I just like to hear from people to have first hand experience with them.

Last Edited:
Never knew there was a "classic" Model 70 made in a left handed action. Classic to me means pre '64.

As to the OP, I am left handed and would say Tikka is the way to go.
There was a series of model 70 rifles made between 1992 and 2006, that had CRF. Hence, the moniker and actual name "classic" was used. You could buy left handed stainless and blued models. They generally demand a lot of money though. The OP, has many options though. If he prefers CRF over pushfeed, there's always the Ruger Hawkeye, M77, Zastava, and MRC. If he doesn't care about CRF, there is a plethora of excellent left hand options out there. I hope he finds a good one.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top