Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Left-hand Ruger Gunsite Scout 308 SOLD!

Discussion in 'Rifle Classifieds' started by Mr.B, Mar 30, 2013.

1. Mr.B

Mr.B Hippyville Active Member

Sold!!!!! Left hand Ruger Gunsite Scout 308 rifle. About a month old. I shot 5 boxes(100 rounds) of ammo through it. It functioned perfectly, just decided I am not really a bolt gun person. Comes with everything it came with from the factory. 1 ten round mag, ruger scope rings, two extra spacers for butt stock, tools for butt stock and scope ring fastners, Box and paperwork. I also have a code for 20% off at Ruger's website I can pass along to the purchaser.
    Extra mags in photo not included

It is on consignment at a LGS here in Eugene. If interested, we can meet there. If you decide to purchase, Two party bill of sale with OR. DL or CHL#

$725 cash, no trades

SOLD

IMG_3166.jpg

2. Mr.B

Bump for lower price. Now $685

3. clearconscience

clearconscience Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

If you were only in wa.
    Being a lefty sucks sometimes.

4. Mr.B

BTT

5. Oregonhunter5

Oregonhunter5 2C IDAHO Well-Known Member

I live near Eugene. Tell me, what's this rifles purpose? Long shots, protection, .?
    Thanks

6. MW in OR

MW in OR Washington County, OR New Member

A scout is meant to be a general purpose rifle.
    "A general purpose rifle is a conveniently portable, individually operated firearm, capable of striking a single decisive blow, on a live target of up to 200 kilos in weight, at any distance at which the operator can shoot with the precision necessary to place a shot in a vital area of the target." Col. Jeff Cooper " To Ride, Shoot Straight, and Speak the Truth"

7. Mr.B

Thanks MW :)

Oregonhunter, MW pretty much nailed it. It was designed to be a do-all type of rifle. You can either mount a traditional scope or an extended eye relief scope(scout scope). It has a 16-1/2" barrel that is very quick to get on target. Also has a threaded barrel with a flash hider, that is easily changed to a sound suppressor. I was hitting everything I aimed at out to 200 yards with open sights. I enjoyed shooting it, but I am selling it to fund a semi-auto purchase. If you want to know more, google "scout rifle". You will find more info than you can read in a couple of hours.

8. fallingblock

fallingblock willamette valley Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.