JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
With a 4 hole turret can I use my rcbs powder dump in one of the stations or am I better off leaving it mounted to the bench ? Also how reliable is the primer feed? I want to do the auto indexing. What additional parts are needed and do you recommend? Dangers? Thanks

I don't know about the Uniflow, as I don't have one. But the thing that would probably make or break using it is whether or not it interferes with rotation.
As to the 4 hole turret, yes the primer feed works fine. It's a little touchy as to the exact push stroke to get primers to set in the cup but it works fine. It's right in your face so you can see whether or not a primer loaded OK. If you aren't paying attention then I suppose you could short stroke the feed and not get a primer in, but that's not an equipment issue....;). Buy and extra one or two of the little plastic squares that allow the auto index to work. Amazing that it hinges on them but it does. They generally last a long time but if it gets damaged you are back to manual rotate. Midway has them.
The turret isn't a high speed affair. The only danger is not paying attention as in all reloading.

I saw a video on YouTube where a guy mounted his uniflow hanging over the press, secured a funnel to the powder through die, and manually dispensed powder every fourth pull. It looked better than it sounds, it may be my next little project as it sounds like we have the same setup. I've all but given up on my Lee powder dispenser for flake or extruded powders.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top