JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Let's '"NOT DEBATE" and "Cut to the Chase", by going to the Lee web site and look at the MSRP for the "top of the line" Lee Load(of something)Master with everything.

Now go to the Dillon web site and look at the Dillon 550 with everything MSRP.

There is what, a $50 difference?! WOW!

Now look at the warranty: Lee "2 year warrenty" they do NOT stand behind in any meaningful way. Sure you broke a pin and they sent you two. Ummm, OK. How about the press that broke from improper casting/heat treating? Was warped from improper heat treating (according to the factory letter they sent with the junk press when they returned it to you as sent)? They DIDN'T replace it? GASP!

Now look at the Dillon warranty: LIFE TIME that they DO stand behind! You broke a camming lug on your 20 year old press that you bought used, and Dillon replaced the press, for free, with a new updated one? WOW! Bought used Dillon press went through a house fire and Dillon replaced it, for free?! WOW!

Lee actual retail is 50% (or less) of MSRP because only an idiot would buy the low quality junk at MSRP when they could buy a Dillon for the same price.

Dillon sells all they can make, retail, for MSRP.

Used Lee equipment normally sells for a tiny fraction of MSRP (or actual retail price) because most buyers know they are buying cheap junk and it will probably need to be replaced when it won't work. At retail.

Used Dillon equipment normally sells for near MSRP as the buyer knows they can easily get replacement parts, or the whole press replaced if it's defective, for FREE, forever!

There are people who can't figure out how to do a simple search function and can't find stuff, then whine about how incompetent they are? No debate there!

Well it looks like Dillon wins AGAIN in the "no debate" (there was no debate as Dillon walked off with it hands down so easily) and "cut to the chase", but Dillon was so far out in front that most people didn't even know Lee was even in the running.

WOW! 200 rds/minute on Lee Pro 1000?! Now THAT I have got to see!!

Let's '"NOT DEBATE" and "Cut to the Chase", by going to the Lee web site and look at the MSRP for the "top of the line" Lee Load(of something)Master with everything.

Now go to the Dillon web site and look at the Dillon 550 with everything MSRP.

There is what, a $50 difference?! WOW!

Dillon sells all they can make, retail, for MSRP.

Used Lee equipment normally sells for a tiny fraction of MSRP (or actual retail price) because most buyers know they are buying cheap junk and it will probably need to be replaced when it won't work. At retail.

Used Dillon equipment normally sells for near MSRP as the buyer knows they can easily get replacement parts, or the whole press replaced if it's defective, for FREE, forever!

Well it looks like Dillon wins AGAIN in the "no debate" (there was no debate as Dillon walked off with it hands down so easily) and "cut to the chase", but Dillon was so far out in front that most people didn't even know Lee was even in the running.

Dream on :s0112:

1st, both Dillon and Lee stuff is out of stock everywhere, so who sells all they can make :s0092:
New Lee stuff on ebay is posted as auctions now, with the MSRP as the minimum bid.
Presses are being bid up to 2X MSRP and higher.
Welcome to the present:s0001:

Dillon 550C "complete"(as a loadmaster) is $851.92 (no dies though, manual index no case feeder)
RL 550C Reloader (14261): Reloading: Reloading Machines (dillonprecision.com)

Dillon BL500 stripped (no dies, no primer feeding stuff, nothing except a plastic powder funnel) is $299.00
BL550, BL 550, 550, Basic, Loader (dillonprecision.com)

Lee Loadmaster "complete" (just add consumables), dies/auto index/PM/primer tray/case feeder included is $399.00
Load-Master 9MM Luger - Lee Precision

*links added to prove I'm not blowing smoke about the prices :s0112:.
EVERYTHING "linked" is out of stock :s0001::s0054:
jmo,
done here but I know you'll take the last word
chances are I won't see it though, as I'll be adding you to my ignore list..
:D

Last Edited:
I easily run 200 rounds a minute on the Pro 1000

Sir, I am both humbled and impressed. Factoring in mag changes I don't think I could top that with my machine gun.

Yeah, we all know you meant hour, but I am so full of smart**s today, some of it just had to leak out. :D

I had one for a couple of years and it got the job done but it needed fussed with a fair amount. My advice is to go Blue as I did. I assure you that you won't be sorry.

Oops, per hour....:(....
Don't disagree with buying quality. And if you're loading volume, no question one of the better machines is the wiser choice.

All seem to have pretty good resale value, as long as loading components are available and reasonable. If not, they are all boat anchors.

Thanks, for that! I deserve it... ;)

My pleasure! If that bit of smart**s hadn't leaked out right then, Mrs 3M might have been the recipient. Instead if hanging out in front of the fire watching movies I could be on the back porch fighting the dog for her blanket.

So... sold my spare 550B yesterday for full retail price to a happy camper. Than called Dillon and (back) ordered a caliber conversion for my Square Deal, when I asked about the delivery date all the sales rep. could tell me was something about climate conditions in he2l. Oh well I knew what to expect when I called them. Good thing I have backups. :s0062:

So... sold my spare 550B yesterday for full retail price to a happy camper. Than called Dillon and (back) ordered a caliber conversion for my Square Deal, when I asked about the delivery date all the sales rep. could tell me was something about climate conditions in he2l. Oh well I knew what to expect when I called them. Good thing I have backups. :s0062:

If they have it they ship it quickly. Getting ready to do major cleaning/lube on my 550B as it sat for several years and is a bit sluggish. I needed the platform calibration tool since I have to remove it and also got a few acro bins (they have a good price on single units). Ordered last Sunday, they shipped Monday, FedEx lost it somewhere in Portland Friday and looks like they found it today.

I can see conversion kits being scarce as a lot of folks are looking for ways to stretch their ammo by reloading. If/when things cool down we will probably see some good deals when ammo becomes available again.

Even though I'm quite pleased with my 550B and an RCBS gen 2 Junior (was my oldest brother's and then my Dad's), I'm not pressist at all. All colors of presses matter! None are perfect and all are better than nothing (even the red ones :)),

I bought blue when there was no Internet and all we had was magazines like Guns and Ammo and Shotgun news, and of course what our buddies had to say. Didn't even know Lee existed at the time.I just dug the quick change tool heads, the very robust design, and manual indexing made it very versatile. Over 30 years and no buyer's remorse.

Yeah
Dillon has a 4 month backlog on their Square Deals

Double Alpha Academy said they will be getting SDB's in the next week or 2. It appears they only carry (mm, .40 and .45 ACP SDB's

re: Folks having success with Lee Pro 1000s Great! Keep up the good work.
I for one am happy I made the jump to Dillon
I like the great customer service such as when I bought a beat up SDB off e-bay and shipped it to Dillon where for (IIRC)$29 they totally refurbished it sent it back as good as new. I like that when I launched a spring into God knows where and Dillon shipped a new one the day I called.
That said, the only thing that matters is you are happy with your system be it Lee RCBS Hornady, Dillon or whatever.
The only real issue is
Where are all the goddam primers??

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews