JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
is anyone else here using a lee powder drop?

i have one that seems to be very unreliable, when using bulleye powder i am getting anywhere from 4.4-4.7 grains with adjusting anythings.

is this normal for this lee product?

I've been using it with Titegroup for a couple of months and its been within .1 Gr. Once you pull the lever down tap on the front a couple of times. Some say that helps. Out of 50 rounds I would say 35 are exactly 4.6 gr. and the rest are within .1 gr.

Which begs the question, what powder drop consistently delivers to its promise? I have an crummy Uniflow I cannot even trust with any ball powder, let alone extruded. Maybe it is time for a new poll.

My Lee perfect powder measure does real well with IMR 3031 but thats the only powder I`ve used, I do however verify with a scale each reload session.

There are some that say the Lee Perfect Powder Measure is as good as any of the "Custom" measures selling for 10 times as much.

Lee powder handling products suffer from one major problem and that's static electricity. Powder clings to all the plastic unless you resort to all the old "tricks" such as wiping everything down with dryer sheets. I use a #2 pencil and rub pencil lead inside the disk cavity I'm using if to keep powder flowing freely. I also make extra powder baffles for the reservoir so there isn't a tall powder column standing on the measuring portion. A simple piece of roof flashing bent at about 45 degrees, trimmed to fit the inside of the reservoir, with some notches (rounded notches are better), make for real uniform powder drops. Some even use two baffles with the notches aligned 90 degrees apart. Even stick powders which tend to jamb the "rotor" don't exert as much pressure as a single bottom to top powder column. Using the baffles also keeps the weight of the powder consistent longer, instead of getting lighter as the reservoir empties. #1 requirement for consistency.

Lee products are great, they just lack some finishing touches.

deadshot, a couple of pics of them baffles would be very useful.

I found some patterns for various diameters. They are posted on another shooting forum under "Uncle Nick's Powder Baffle Templates". http://www.shootersforum.com/attachments/handloading-equipment/10528d1320785845-powder-measures-powder_baffle_instructions_and_templates.pdf He's made patterns for just about all diameters of powder measure reservoirs except the rectangular Lee. The templates can be printed in actual size if you follow his instructions and then glued to the material prior to cutting.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top