JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Interesting that you're so triggered by someone successfully using a Lee.
Odd that you bring up Ford cars as a way to defend Lee presses. I had a Ford, it was a good car. I've had other cars too. So? What do cars have to do with reloading, or is it you have no basis for your woke/triggered attack, and had to bring in some sort of red herring to attack someone for no reason? Sad, to be so small and petty. Grow up,... please!

I find it interesting that all I said was I have seen never seen a working LM and was happy for him. Then was attacked by woke people who were triggered into attacking me because they can't handle the truth, that I have never seen a working LM! Why? I feel no need to attack some loser who doesn't like Ford cars, or who claims to have a working LM, so why should they be attacking me for not having seen a working LM in person? One of which even admitted they shouldn't be reloading! This is probably true if someone saying they haven't seen one in person, but is happy for them, triggers an attack for no reason other than mindless, and probably senile, hate. I am attacked for no apparent reason, other than what seems like a set of fools who are intent on starting a fight simply because they fear the truth. As Mr. T said, "I pity the fools."

I would dearly love to see a working LM with my own eyes, and not on a video, in person. A Dillon costs $50 more than a Lee LM equipped the same. Dillon has a lifetime warranty they stand behind. Lee has a so-called "2 year warranty" that is basically worthless. All facts. Please deal with facts if you want to attack me further, or if facts are beyond you, don't attack me. Really, it is that simple.

@Legion489 , you hijacked the thread to complain about your experience with Lee and extol the virtues of Dillon. You feel attacked because others, including myself, chime in on the success they've had using a Lee Loadmaster.
I bear no ill will, but I *was* poking fun at you by coming out of left field with the comparison to Fords. You didn't even see it. Please lighten up.
To wit:
I would hardly characterize my success with a Lee as "defending" it.
In your almost 1,300 words of writing, you spend a great amount of it disparaging Lee and exclaiming your Preference for Dillon.
This thread is about @MuayThaiJJ 's experience with his "Load of Something" (as you renamed it). Have you ever made a review video? There's a lot of work that goes into it. Most likely, many hundreds of starting reloaders will benefit from his efforts. That's what I call, "giving back."

I too now consume blue koolaid, participate in the vedic chant, "Om, Blue Dillon" and feel warm and fuzzy as I pull the arm and feel the rigidity of the strong mount it is bolted to. If I hadn't given my Loadmaster away as a gesture of "thanks" to someone who helped me, I'd probably still load pistol rounds on it.

Life is good. Ammo is still cheap and plentiful -- that is, until I run out of primers and powder.
Shoot more, beotch less.

As a person that worked building and repairing aircraft for many years it comes as a surprise that there is no heat treat for aluminum.
Below is a bit of information about one of my favorite metals.
Which really isn't heat treating (adding strength) but stress relieving. Which is what I said. Some people get the idea that anything involving heat is making something harder when the opposite is achieved. Such as annealing brass, which doesn't make it harder, but softer.
And yes, aluminum can be surface hardened, but that too isn't really heat treating in the conventional sense as it is a surface hardening to a shallow depth and not altering the internal structure of the entire piece. However I guess that if it involves heat you can consider it "heat treating."

Last Edited:
Which really isn't heat treating (adding strength) but stress relieving. Which is what I said. Some people get the idea that anything involving heat is making something harder when the opposite is achieved. Such as annealing brass, which doesn't make it harder, but softer.
And yes, aluminum can be surface hardened, but that too isn't really heat treating in the conventional sense as it is a surface hardening to a shallow depth and not altering the internal structure of the entire piece. However I guess that if it involves heat you can consider it "heat treating."
Have you not worked with both 7075 t0 and 7075 t6 the difference is not surface hardening.
If you want surface hardening / stress relief you can shot peen.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7075_aluminium_alloy

This is my last post on this as this is drawing this thread off topic.

This is my last post on this as this is drawing this thread off topic.
I was in error. Thanks for setting me straight. But then I've never worked on aircraft parts, just nuclear submarine and nuclear power plant parts and I've been out of manufacturing for 20 years and retired for 9. And when working with 7075 it was stress relieved rather than hardened as the issue was flatness after final machining. The material keep moving and it was impossible to achieve the .001 flatness callout without the stress relieving.

And MuayThaiJJ your video is swell, if I hijacked your thread a bit my apologies. However in my experience every machine has it's own peculiarities, the Lee Load Master does too. But once it's abilities are mastered it makes ammunition as well as any other machine. And I've de-primed and brushed the primer pockets and then tumbled first for many years. It makes a higher quality cartridge in my opinion. As well as seat and crimp the bullet separately.

fullsizeoutput_5b.jpeg

Last Edited:
Great setup, thanks for the video.

Makes me want to dump my singe stage setup and switch to dillion. I'm done with all my fine tuning hours lol.

And, at the end of the day, regardless of the name, you show any prospective buyer these videos and you'd do just fine... although I'd bet this setup isn't going anywhere now that's it cooking.

Great work!

Don't know either, that's just what the Lee letter said, which I still have here somewhere (in a box). But as bad as their QC/CS is, they may have warped it some other way and that was the easy way out/excuse/they knew it was warped for some reason and that was that. Anyway, the Lee "30 days love it or return it" and 2 year warranty are both useless/worthless if needed.

I keep hearing of a working Lee Loadmaster, but have NEVER seen one! The guy who publishes Rifle and Handloader said, IN PRINT, in his mags, that HE has never seen a working Lee LM either! Back when I traveled a bit, I would hear of a working LM and would stop by to see it. "The wife/kids sick", "just leaving", "have company", "house a mess", "going to bed". "gotta go!", "packed away", "loaned out", etc., etc., over and over and over, long story short, NONE of the few hundred people who CLAIMED they had a working POS could actually SHOW me a working POS! Do they exist? Don't know, but so far I've seen far more proof of a Big Foot than a working LM.
Please allow me to summarize: "I had a bad experience with Lee."

THAT is a lie because out of the 25 times it was returned to Lee in the first 2 years, it often came back with the broken parts on it

Not trying to cause trouble here, I started to quote this way before some of the, er, later, posts. Anyway, 25 times, is that real? I have to say, that must be some kind of record. Pretty amazing. Lee should've caved early on that one and sent you a new press. Their costs for shipping were way more than another press.

I refuse to buy any Lee pot metal presses (having tried all Lee presses except the Cast Classics)

I've had the same idea myself, common sense was that a die cast or aluminum press just wasn't gonna be sturdy for the long run. Probably fine for the nimrod who's only gonna load up 50 rounds of .38 Special a couple of times a year, though. On the other hand, I did buy the one press you did not, the Lee Classic Cast. I've been using it since they first came out. I'm not sure what compelled me to try one, but the RCBS Rock Chucker that I was using had a smaller opening and made seating bullets on .30-06 a little difficult. The Classic Cast has a bigger opening. The bore in the Classic Cast is holding up better over the years than the RCBS, which loosened up some. I clean the ram off and oil it from time to time, the RCBS still incurred some wear and had a bit of wobble. I sent it back to Oroville about this, they returned it and said it was still in spec.

I've got some Lee dies, regular sets and some specialty dies that I like. You look inside the Lee dies, it's obvious that they don't have the polish that, say, RCBS has. But they work okay. I've had to send a couple back over the years for remedial work. You're right about the powder measure and the beam scale.

I like the Lee priming tools, have been using one version or another for decades. They break once in a while (aluminum head shears off), but I send it back and they return a new one. The little plastic riggins that move the primer into place, the springs on those break, Lee gives you new ones. So I've been happy enough with their customer service.

I don't know about now but Lee used to sell a variety of their stuff at a discount that was factory seconds or customer returns.

In principle, I like the idea of the Lee Loadmaster, and their new product, the App Processing Press. BUT: After taking up progressive loading on a Dillon 550 for a while, I just decided I wanted to go back to single stage for my purposes. After all, I'm not running a factory, I don't need the speed and volume. Oddly enough, I found that some of the enjoyment of the activity went away when I was using the Dillon. Which could be somewhat fiddly, especially when I partially loaded .223 Rem. and .308 Win. It was more suited to pistol cartridges. The accuracy/consistency of the powder drops for rifle was erratic. It's true, when sold you can get your money back out of the Dillon. When I found a new home for mine, I recovered more than I paid for it.

Re. the Ford cars. I bought a used 1966 Ford Fairlane sedan (stripper government model) in 1980, paid $825. It had about 50K miles on it when purchased, I owned it for 34 years, added 100K miles to it and sold it for $3,000. So that was a happy purchase. I bought a 2004 Crown Victoria new, it had 9 miles on the clock, I still have it, it looks, runs and drives just like the day it was built and now has 145K miles on it. That's been another good purchase. There have been a few good ones from Ford-Lincoln-Mercury factories. I don't buy vehicles very often; if the manufacturers had to rely on me for business, they would all go under.

Not trying to cause trouble here, I started to quote this way before some of the, er, later, posts. Anyway, 25 times, is that real? I have to say, that must be some kind of record. Pretty amazing. Lee should've caved early on that one and sent you a new press. Their costs for shipping were way more than another press.
Of course, you are not causing trouble! We are here to learn (if only to be taught/learn to not attack the more intelligent posters with inanities and lies) and discuss matters that concern us!

Yes, I sent it back 3 days after I bought it, and about every 3 1/2 weeks after that. Lee doesn't care, they have the worst CS/QC in the business, which I note NO ONE wants to disagree with. I also note that no one was willing to openly lie and defend the Lee so-called "warranty" either. After sending it back the last time, they said they would, out of the goodness of their little hearts, repair or replace it, (which they refused to do after admitting the problem was caused by the factory and/or I screwed up by buying low-quality junk, to begin with) if I paid yet ANOTHER 50% of retail. Since I had spent enough to buy a Dillon, I DID! I bought a Dillon! Ah, joy! Quality equipment the company actually stands behind! For LIFE! Amazing! And only $50 more than a similarly equipped Lee LM according to the Lee website! And did I mention it comes with a LIFETIME warranty the company stands sbehind, compared to Lee's so-called "2 year warranty" they don't? I probably should mention that.
I've had the same idea myself, common sense was that a die cast or aluminum press just wasn't gonna be sturdy for the long run. Probably fine for the nimrod who's only gonna load up 50 rounds of .38 Special a couple of times a year, though. On the other hand, I did buy the one press you did not, the Lee Classic Cast. I've been using it since they first came out. I'm not sure what compelled me to try one, but the RCBS Rock Chucker that I was using had a smaller opening and made seating bullets on .30-06 a little difficult. The Classic Cast has a bigger opening. The bore in the Classic Cast is holding up better over the years than the RCBS, which loosened up some. I clean the ram off and oil it from time to time, the RCBS still incurred some wear and had a bit of wobble. I sent it back to Oroville about this, they returned it and said it was still in spec.

Well I have to say my RCBS Rock Chucker I bought in 1977 (or about that time, maybe 1978) is as good and tight as it was new. I'm am a little surprised that RCBS said it was still in spec if it wasn't. All the Lee presses that were used much, that I saw, (remember these attacks and continued attacks/whining was because I said I have never seen a working Lee LM with my own eyes, which I haven't, only hear of them, and then wished him good luck with his, and was happy for him, which triggered all the woke hate) were loose, from a little to a lot. I have also owned or used every Lee pot-metal press (that should get the whiners going!) and none of them were all that great.

I have not tried a Lee Cast Classic, which was noted in the first (or one of the first, some tiresome twit, perchance the less mechanically inclined one who admitted he shouldn't be reloading, will look it up so they can attack me about it, I'm sure), but judging from the last time I was on the Lee fanboy sites, QC has not improved. Also, go see what THEY say about the LM and CC presses, and they LIKE Lee presses!
I've got some Lee dies, regular sets and some specialty dies that I like. You look inside the Lee dies, it's obvious that they don't have the polish that, say, RCBS has. But they work okay. I've had to send a couple back over the years for remedial work. You're right about the powder measure and the beam scale.
Yes, I have a slug of Lee dies. I have always said (if you go back and check my posts you will see this) that Lee dies are the best bang for the buck. They aren't the BEST dies, but 90% of beginners aren't going to know the difference and they are cheap enough to learn on before moving up to the better die sets, or for seldom loaded cartridges. The "Perfect" (which gets an award for the most poorly/fraudulently named item in history) powder measure is trash. Period. The beam scale isn't much better, but I do like the OLD primer tool and disk measures. By the way, weigh the powder the disk measure throws, it is light (which is probably a good thing), but it is easy to open them to the exact amount you want. The Liquid Alox is just Z-bart and is generally found on e-bay a LOT cheaper! I threw in "generally found", as I once posted "can be found on ebay", but the whiner's computer skills were so poor they couldn't find it, and somehow their incompetence was somehow my fault. Remember the joke about the liberal in a hot air balloon, who wanted the Conservative on the ground to bail them out? Amazing how that works with liberals and losers. L don't hate Lee, I hate junk. OK, same thing!
I like the Lee priming tools, have been using one version or another for decades. They break once in a while (aluminum head shears off), but I send it back and they return a new one. The little plastic riggins that move the primer into place, the springs on those break, Lee gives you new ones. So I've been happy enough with their customer service.
As I noted, I too love the OLD hand primer tools. Still not too sure about the new ones, but that may be because I am so used to the old ones.

I don't know about now but Lee used to sell a variety of their stuff at a discount that was factory seconds or customer returns.

In principle, I like the idea of the Lee Loadmaster, and their new product, the App Processing Press. BUT: After taking up progressive loading on a Dillon 550 for a while, I just decided I wanted to go back to single stage for my purposes. After all, I'm not running a factory, I don't need the speed and volume. Oddly enough, I found that some of the enjoyment of the activity went away when I was using the Dillon. Which could be somewhat fiddly, especially when I partially loaded .223 Rem. and .308 Win. It was more suited to pistol cartridges. The accuracy/consistency of the powder drops for rifle was erratic. It's true, when sold you can get your money back out of the Dillon. When I found a new home for mine, I recovered more than I paid for it.
True, Dillons hold their value, unlike cars which lose (according to a commercial I saw on TV) 80% of their value in the first three years, or Lee presses, which lose 80% of their value when the box is opened, and not even taken out of the box, and never used. Amazing. Well, actually not so amazing if you think about it.
Re. the Ford cars. I bought a used 1966 Ford Fairlane sedan (stripper government model) in 1980, paid $825. It had about 50K miles on it when purchased, I owned it for 34 years, added 100K miles to it and sold it for $3,000. So that was a happy purchase. I bought a 2004 Crown Victoria new, it had 9 miles on the clock, I still have it, it looks, runs and drives just like the day it was built and now has 145K miles on it. That's been another good purchase. There have been a few good ones from Ford-Lincoln-Mercury factories. I don't buy vehicles very often; if the manufacturers had to rely on me for business, they would all go under.
Well, that was P7m13 who hates Fords and trashed them, nothing to do with me, and a red herring that apparently had nothing to do with anything. So why did he do it? God only knows and even He isn't too sure. I had a couple of Fords, they were fine. I also had several other cars I liked better too, but only one lemon, and it wasn't a Ford.

Wow, look at this thread! All because I said I never have seen a working Lee LM (or "Load of Something" which is more accurate! Ha Ha!), said I like Dillon and wished the guy "may your Lee press always work for you and my you always be happy with it." (or words along those lines, I'm sure the triggered losers will quote me if I am wrong about the exact wording, and excoriate me for it) and was viciously attacked for telling the truth, liking Dillon, and saying so.

Or as P7m13 claimed, I "highjacking the thread" by stating a differing, and well-informed, opinion the less informed vigorously objected to by attacking me! None of the vicious (and amazingly uninformed) attacks/opinions were, of course, high-jacking the thread as long as they attacked me, Amazing, simply amazing. I hope my mentioning you P7m13, is your singular moment of joy, or 15 seconds of fame, whichever comes first.

Last Edited:
Of course, you are not causing trouble! We are here to learn (if only to be taught/learn to not attack the more intelligent posters with inanities and lies) and discuss matters that concern us!

Yes, I sent it back 3 days after I bought it, and about every 3 1/2 weeks after that. Lee doesn't care, they have the worst CS/QC in the business, which I note NO ONE wants to disagree with. I also note that no one was willing to openly lie and defend the Lee so-called "warranty" either. After sending it back the last time, they said they would, out of the goodness of their little hearts, repair or replace it, (which they refused to do after admitting the problem was caused by the factory and/or I screwed up by buying low-quality junk, to begin with) if I paid yet ANOTHER 50% of retail. Since I had spent enough to buy a Dillon, I DID! I bought a Dillon! Ah, joy! Quality equipment the company actually stands behind! For LIFE! Amazing! And only $50 more than a similarly equipped Lee LM according to the Lee website! And did I mention it comes with a LIFETIME warranty the company stands sbehind, compared to Lee's so-called "2 year warranty" they don't? I probably should mention that.

Well I have to say my RCBS Rock Chucker I bought in 1977 (or about that time, maybe 1978) is as good and tight as it was new. I'm am a little surprised that RCBS said it was still in spec if it wasn't. All the Lee presses that were used much, that I saw, (remember these attacks and continued attacks/whining was because I said I have never seen a working Lee LM with my own eyes, which I haven't, only hear of them, and then wished him good luck with his, and was happy for him, which triggered all the woke hate) were loose, from a little to a lot. I have also owned or used every Lee pot-metal press (that should get the whiners going!) and none of them were all that great.

I have not tried a Lee Cast Classic, which was noted in the first (or one of the first, some tiresome twit, perchance the less mechanically inclined one who admitted he shouldn't be reloading, will look it up so they can attack me about it, I'm sure), but judging from the last time I was on the Lee fanboy sites, QC has not improved. Also, go see what THEY say about the LM and CC presses, and they LIKE Lee presses!

Yes, I have a slug of Lee dies. I have always said (if you go back and check my posts you will see this) that Lee dies are the best bang for the buck. They aren't the BEST dies, but 90% of beginners aren't going to know the difference and they are cheap enough to learn on before moving up to the better die sets, or for seldom loaded cartridges. The "Perfect" (which gets an award for the most poorly/fraudulently named item in history) powder measure is trash. Period. The beam scale isn't much better, but I do like the OLD primer tool and disk measures. By the way, weigh the powder the disk measure throws, it is light (which is probably a good thing), but it is easy to open them to the exact amount you want. The Liquid Alox is just Z-bart and is generally found on e-bay a LOT cheaper! I threw in "generally found", as I once posted "can be found on ebay", but the whiner's computer skills were so poor they couldn't find it, and somehow their incompetence was somehow my fault. Remember the joke about the liberal in a hot air balloon, who wanted the Conservative on the ground to bail them out? Amazing how that works with liberals and losers. L don't hate Lee, I hate junk. OK, same thing!

As I noted, I too love the OLD hand primer tools. Still not too sure about the new ones, but that may be because I am so used to the old ones.

True, Dillons hold their value, unlike cars which lose (according to a commercial I saw on TV) 80% of their value in the first three years, or Lee presses, which lose 80% of their value when the box is opened, and not even taken out of the box, and never used. Amazing. Well, actually not so amazing if you think about it.

Well, that was P7m13 who hates Fords and trashed them, nothing to do with me, and a red herring that apparently had nothing to do with anything. So why did he do it? God only knows and even He isn't too sure. I had a couple of Fords, they were fine. I also had several other cars I liked better too, but only one lemon, and it wasn't a Ford.

Wow, look at this thread! All because I said I never have seen a working Lee LM (or "Load of Something" which is more accurate! Ha Ha!), said I like Dillon and wished the guy "may your Lee press always work for you and my you always be happy with it." (or words along those lines, I'm sure the triggered losers will quote me if I am wrong about the exact wording, and excoriate me for it) and was viciously attacked for telling the truth, liking Dillon, and saying so.

Or as P7m13 claimed, I "highjacking the thread" by stating a differing, and well-informed, opinion the less informed vigorously objected to by attacking me! None of the vicious (and amazingly uninformed) attacks/opinions were, of course, high-jacking the thread as long as they attacked me, Amazing, simply amazing. I hope my mentioning you P7m13, is your singular moment of joy, or 15 seconds of fame, whichever comes first.
Didn't read but I have a suspicion you are out of primers.

Lee presses, which lose 80% of their value when the box is opened, and not even taken out of the box, and never used

Here I must disagree with this point, conditionally. Because many years ago, I bought a small Lee basic press and their little plastic beam scale just for back-ups. I don't know why I thought I'd need back-ups, but at that time I did. And they stayed under my loading bench unused in original boxes for probably 25 or 30 years. Lately, when I've been cleaning things out, I was able to peddle them on ebay for very good money, way more than I paid for them initially. Even considering the changing time value of money. But I said this was a conditional disagreement because I believe they sold quickly and well because of the current panic / famine / shortage of just about everything gun, ammo and reloading related.

My point remains that I believe you made your point.
Well, you would think so, yet here we are and I am still being attacked/harassed. Why not take the others to task for continuing to attack/harass me for no apparent reason, although we both know why they continue to do so, and all because I said I liked Dillon and wished him well and hoped his Lee press would always work!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top