JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
see post 1, 5, & 11 - I have gotten data from their site. I have loaded according to the Lee dipper (which doesn't provide data for Am. Sel.) and Alliant's data for .38 SPL and can't tell a whole lot of difference. I read the data for .357 MAG. but didn't notice at first it was only for CAS loads. I'm all set now.
I'm going to look into CAS - it looks like fun and I already have one of their firearms - a Remington 1858 New Army. 30 gr. of black powder (or so) once again loading by volume not weight).

I actually emailed Alliant about their data. I got a kinda snotty answer telling me I wasn't comparing apples and apples. He said the data I asked rez: 357 MAG for was for a cowboy load, which is not true, and the 38 SPL was ok. What it all boils down to is I am going to shoot the loads I already have, which means my 38 load will be 4.3 gr and my 357 MAG will be 5.7 gr. This is, in case people forgot, using Alliant American Select and 125 gr JHP. I think I'll spring for a Chronnie and verify some of this data.

Under Cowboy load data for 125 grain Oregon Trails Lead:

American Select 3.9 grains 856 fps

http://www.alliantpowder.com/reloaders/recipedetail.aspx?gtypeid=5&weight=125&shellid=9&bulletid=8

looks pretty correct to me.

That strikes me as a pretty interesting comment from Alliant. Can you be really precise with where you got the data of 3.9 grains of American Select for a 125 grain bullet (What type of bullet ? ... very important) ?

HOOK686 you seem to be pretty smart. Figure it out and tell me.

This is my last reply to this thread. It is so far off topic now I don't want to respond. Plus I'm tired of people trying to make me look stupid.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top