JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just started casting my own boolits, and of course the question of "how hard is the alloy" arrived.

I choose LEE's kit - having read that it was both fairly accurate, and a pain in the arse to use.

Yes, it's a total pain the in arse! Keep the bullet still, hold the light just right, and fight the microscope - 10 power, so every movement is amplified by same amount, and the bloody image is reversed!

So I kludged together this:

lee1_zpsxwdpqkhg.jpg

Ugly... But it works incredibly well! Used a case (No, that's not a live primer ;) ) to hold the bullet (so I could spin it into view) and the V-block that came with the kit to hold that assembly in place.

Getting an image with a cell phone proved to be difficult - had to turn the flashlight off.

lee2_zpsx1clsq4f.jpg

Take a reading, look up Pmax on the supplied chart, load accordingly, and off to the range!

Last Edited:
I use a "hobbyist" microscope with the Lee scope rubberbanded to it. Just raise or lower the scope to focus. A light source directed on the slide platform works well. Not a pain to use at all.

I use a "hobbyist" microscope with the Lee scope rubberbanded to it. Just raise or lower the scope to focus. A light source directed on the slide platform works well. Not a pain to use at all.

As designed I would argue that it is. Your 'solution' suggests you agree with me ;)

:D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads