JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Lee Enfield or Ishapore?

• Lee Enfield

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • Ishapore

Votes: 8 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reactions
I'm looking at getting a vintage bolt action rifle, and I would appreciate some feedback on which way to go on this question. I love to shoot the same weapons I collect as well as display them, funds are not limitless, so any thoughts would be great!

-Ishapore's are usually .308 so they have easy to obtain ammo and are nearly identical to Lee Enfield's in design and function.

-Enfield's appeal more to my love of historic WW2 era rifles but the .303 Brit ammo is harder to find/more expensive.

Anything else I'm missing here?

Also let me know if you're selling one, or have seen one for sale! -Thanks!

I have some Enfields #1 and #4 and #5 jungle in 303, I also have the Ishapore in 308.
They are all for sale.
Give me a call if you are interested in buying
360-901-3454 Thanks, Marc

Just a heads up- not all Ishapore production is in 7.62Nato- Ishapore was producing .303 SMLEs for quite a while as well.
There are also some converted .303 SMLEs that fire 7.62.

I don't have any experience with the Ishapore, so I can only speak on what I do know. My Lee Enfield is he onlt firearm I have ever owned that i kick myself every day almost for getting rid of. I was fun to shoot and i never had to worry about where my bullet was going.

I once converted a 303 No4 Mk1 from 303 to 7.62 NATO. I've also owned several in 303. Solid, dependable, what more do you want? I'm looking for an Ishy in 7.62 right now in fact.

A little factoid- The No4 Mk1 was designed to have pressure on the barrel at the front and rear. When they get sporterized (aka - Bubba'd) the pressure on the front end is lost, so I think they tend to lose accuracy. My current 303 shot 2-3" groups at 100 yds. SO I super glued two ball point pen springs into the front of the remaining back half of the lower forearm, just behind the retaining band. This applied pressure to the barrel again. She now shoots 1-2" groups.

YEs, the ammo can be pricey. The surplus is basically gone now.The best deal is the Serbian Prvi Partizan at Cabela's. Then plan on reloading...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top