JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm looking for someone that knows their stuff and has the right tools on hand (aside from just an appropriate barrel wrench) to pull off the original barrel off of a 1943 Long Branch no.4 and replace it with a modern military pattern production piece. I've already been in contact with Curly Wolf gunsmithing, but the only problem is they're in Shelton and I'm in Federal Way. Anyone know of a smith with a decent price (200-400) that doesn't just hand ream .303 barrels?

What do I know.....

But, if I had a trusted and "known" Gunsmith that was really familiar with my project/rifle.

Hint : Hey...at least he's in the same state. ;)

Aloha, Mark

I'll certainly consider it and look into it for possible future endeavors. And to possibly post on those forums as well. Was just wondering if anyone closer to Federal Way has the experience. I talked to CW five or six months ago when I was getting everything together after discovering my chamber was shot out and had scratches etched in aside from expected head space issues. (Didn't notice it in the shop when I bought it, and it wasn't marked as unsafe. Beautiful, beautiful condition from stock to bluing aside from the bolt and mag. Shop name shall remain unnamed for the time being.) They have experience and the proper wrenches to remove and machine tools to finish ream .303. I just don't have personal transport of my own. One person is only available during the weekends and the other doesn't like to drive freeways... So, yeah. Extra long drive in the latter case. Either way, I appreciate the sources!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top