JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not to mention Lee Loaders......the ultimate fun
blog%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2014%2F03%2FImgp1679.jpg

I have a few sets of Lee Carbide pistol dies. 38/357, 41 Mag, 500 S&W. Not a single problem with any of them. Ever.
Can't say the same about some other brands like Hornady and Redding, including my newest Redding full length sizing die. Both it and the sizing die from Hornady for the 7mm-08 were too long and needed to have the base trimmed to allow proper sizing.

Lee dies are what I use for 9mm and .40. No problems other than those terrible lock rings. I have Hornady dies I bought new for most others except 45 acp that I had to get rid of the RCBS .45 because the flare die made too aggressive a bell. Those were replaced with used Redding. The belling is very gentle. For some reason I just prefer Hornady for rifle loading.

I use a lot of Lee dies in calibers that I have a set load. Once locked in they load as good of ammo as any other brand.
Where I will pay the extra money is for a die set in a caliber that I am doing a lot of testing and experimenting! Then I'm paying the extra money to get finer adjustment threads, and Micrometer seating stems. With these setups I can record the setting and return back to it later if I choose!
When I am looking for Concentricity I think it is more how you set up your dies than the dies themselves. My rifle dies are adjusted with the neck expander ball lifted up to the point that on its down stroke it just clears the case shoulder. So that on its upstroke The case neck is still trapped in the neck of the die. If that ball is set low in the case [ to be used as a Decapping rod ] when the ball is on its upstroke the case is only being held in position by the shell holder . And if the ball gets a crooked start ... you get crooked cases! Sometime grab a case only held by its shell holder and see how much play it has!
The only complaint I have with Lee Dies is the O ring instead of a lock ring! DR

I'm decapping as a separate step using a Dillon universal decapping die, but good to know about the Squirrel Daddy pins. Cool name - now I gotta check them out!

------------------------------------

I use the Lee Universal decapping die. I always use this die before I do any thing else to my brass.
I also use the Squirrel Daddy pins. I buy them on ebay and always have extra on hand in case the one in the die gets bent or broken.
I buy two of the 3 pin sets so I have plenty of extra replacement decanting pins and if any one I know needs one I have them.

As far as their dies go I had a bunch of them and gave or sold most of them and replaced them with mostly RCBS and Hornady.

I had a issue with one of their products and contacted the Lee Customer Service about it, all I got was their catalog.
It went right in the garbage.

RCBS has the very best Customer Service.
Hornady and Dillon also has great customer service.

With Lee customer service it is hit or miss.

And his manual sucks in my opinion, most of it is him slapping himself on his back. He is the greatest and on & on.

Didn't know whether to laugh or mark it useful info...
Ima hafta get me one
Here's the scoop.

:)

Bruce
I have a set, they can actually be handy when you want to just load a few rounds.

But I need more Loaders, nothing like setting a primer with a hammer to make you feel alive.

Didn't know whether to laugh or mark it useful info...
Ima hafta get me one
I had a partner in crime when I bought loading equipment and started loading. When that partner decided to get his own equipment, he started with the Lee dippers. One time though, he mis-read the chart and loaded some unbelievably hot .357 Magnum rounds. It was like, "Pop. Pop. Pop" for 38 Special. "Bang. Bang. Bang", for some factory 357s, then "BOOM!BOOM!BOOM!" "Fer F's Sake, Frank! STOP!" He did.
Later he knocked them apart and figured out what he did. Something like 20% over max. He crossed lines and picked the wrong dipper. His mid 80's Taurus K-frame copy sucked it up like a champ. Amazing. I think it's still his favorite gun.

Sorry for the thread drift. I think of that incident anytime Lee Dippers are mentioned.

I use the Lee dippers, not for measuring powder but for transfering the powder to the scale from a egg dish. The process goes something like this; scoop, dump on scale pan, tappy tap, tap to get it right then then dump scale pan into case via a funnel.

I use the Lee dippers, not for measuring powder but for transfering the powder to the scale from a egg dish. The process goes something like this; scoop, dump on scale pan, tappy tap, tap to get it right then then dump scale pan into case via a funnel.
That's what I was thinking as well.

I have Lee, Dillon,& Rcbs dies and if they where all the same price I'd still prefer Lee dies. But Dillon has great customer service, rcbs never bothers to respond and Lee will no longer ship free warranty parts to Washington due to some sales tax issue.

I have Lee, Dillon,& Rcbs dies and if they where all the same price I'd still prefer Lee dies. But Dillon has great customer service, rcbs never bothers to respond and Lee will no longer ship free warranty parts to Washington due to some sales tax issue.
Wow, I have nothing but good to say about rcbs customer service after several interactions. How did you contact them?

Wow, I have nothing but good to say about rcbs customer service after several interactions. How did you contact them?
Me to. I just remembered...When I got my RockChucker kit all I loaded was pistol. I had to buy the small cylinder for the powder thrower from a member here. So the large cylinder got set to the side for 9 years, until I started loading rifle. It turned out that the threads had stripped in the large cylinder when I made that switch those 9 years earlier. When I called RCBS to order a new cylinder they wouldn't let me pay, and even sent the new plunger/nut with it too.

I've only heard good things about their customer service it the best I've had from them was having to spend 12$ to ship a broken 20$ impact puller back for replacement. Otherwise they have never returned my calls or responded to emails or online contact forms.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top