JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am torn between these two turret presses. For the price it seems the Lee is hard to beat. I plan on beginning with 9mm and then moving on to 5.7x28mm for when I buy a PS90. Some people complain about the quality of the Lee, but it would seem that it gets the job done and it just works. Plus the cost difference between the Lee and the Redding dies is certainly significant. However, I plan on staying with 9mm and 5.7x28mm so I will not be buying more dies.

I have a Lee turret press and really like the value.
Never used a redding press so I can't comment there.

My Lee dies are several pistol and rifle calibres and they work just as well as my Dillon dies.

I have a Lee Classic Cast SS and looking at the Lee Classic Turret. I think for the money the Lee can not be beat. Plus maybe 10 to 12 bucks for another holder for the Lee so you just swap out the center and you are off to another cal.

I HAD a T-Mag (great press) and sold it.
I HAVE two Lee 3-hole auto indexing presses. Love them.

.380, 9MM, .357, 10MM - swap takes just seconds :)

I have a Lee Classic Cast SS and looking at the Lee Classic Turret. I think for the money the Lee can not be beat. Plus maybe 10 to 12 bucks for another holder for the Lee so you just swap out the center and you are off to another cal.

I definitely like the ease of swapping out the center. Especially if I decided to expand to 380 or 45. I will still load like a single stage press with the 5.7x28mm.

I've been looking at presses too. After reading threads and product reviews, I'm sold on the Lee Classic Turret press. For a beginner, it just seems a great way to go. You can load single stage by pulling out the indexing rod, which is a nice option (as you noted for the rifle rounds). Throw the rod back in and you're loading pistol rounds pretty quickly. I'd say for the price and for the flexibility, it will be hard to beat. I'm hoping to get mine ordered in the near future.

Swap the Lee crimp and the Lee seat die for a RCBS powder lockout die and an RCBS Cowboy seat/crimp die and your LCT will be almost fail safe with Lee's auto indexing.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top