JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am considering purchaseing one of these with my Christmas loot, Any thoughts positive? Negative? I am only looking to do low volume rifle rounds but am lazy and like the idea of the extra turrets so I can adjust dies once and be done with it.

????????

Thanks,
Steven

I have had no problems with mine. Used the three hole with the auto index for years on pistol ammo. Now I have the new version with 4 holes and can load up to .50 bmg. As you know I bought the extra turrets for that very reason. If you want to use the auto index for larger cal. the second set of charge plates works good. I only use the "perfect powder measure" for precise loading.

I like mine very much for loading pistol calibers and have loaded many 1k's. Lee cs is very good too. Get the kit from cabelas but buy a separate scale because Lee's scale is crap. I can load 200rd. per hour of 45acp.
IMG_0983.jpg

If you are looking to avoid having to reset you dies, look at the Lee collet system. It takes about 2 seconds to switch dies. The turret is the way to go for pistol ammo though.

guess I should clarify a little, Not looking for a whole kit I have a dillion square deal press now and all the stuff to reload with it. I am looking for something to do low volume rifle rounds. BUT I am lazy and hate adjusting things more then once so did not want to adjust the dies every time so thought a turrent press would make it good to go once adjusted.

I am going to look into this collet thing a bit more :)

With the Lee turret press, I notice my oal is +/- .05, so this is not good enough for loading rifle caliber in my opinion and not enough to affect my pistol calibers. I have loaded .308win and for every round, I would back out the seating die adjustment screw and slowly readjust it until I get the oal. I recommend you get a Lee classic single stage press and get the Hornady LnL bushing where you don't have to readjust the dies.

I like mine very much for loading pistol calibers and have loaded many 1k's. Lee cs is very good too. Get the kit from cabelas but buy a separate scale because Lee's scale is crap. I can load 200rd. per hour of 45acp.
IMG_0983.jpg

Hey man,
I like your loading table. That is a great idea. Is there enough weight in the plastic tub of stuff to keep the table stable while you are reloading?

I got the table for $5 at goodwill and I got a few 1k's of bullets on the table for weight. I have seen some very nice solid table at goodwill for $10-$20 that will make a good table for reloading. A lot cheaper then building one.

Hey man,
I like your loading table. That is a great idea. Is there enough weight in the plastic tub of stuff to keep the table stable while you are reloading?

The turret feature is nice, but the rest of my Lee turret press needs a lot of attention. Malfunctions when not perfectly clean, spent primer ejection is erratic, doesn't drop Bullseye powder as accurately as I'd like, stripped plastic parts. But there's a reason they are so much cheaper than the other brands. If I did it all over again I'd look at the progressive Hornady.

I'm pretty new to reloading but I have the Lee Classic Turret press and have been very happy. Is the fit and finish as nice as similar products....probably not. Does it do the job for me...yes. I also must say I really like being able to replace the 4 hole turret with others that already have the dies ready to go. At this point I have zero regrets.

You should go over to The High Road or Firing Line as there are numerous members,ou'll get a better idea of the press. I had a Dillon XL650 but sold it after I got married and moved in with my wife. This press is what I'm considering being as I don't shoot as much like I did back then. I've read by almost all positive reviews on the Classic Turret and wouldn't even consider it if it the user feedback weren't so strong.

I really like mine. I bought the kit from Cabelas.

About the turrets for each set of dies. Good idea, but remember if you switch bullet types/shapes, you'll have to readjust your seating die depth and therefore also your crimp adjustment in that die to maintain OAL of finished round and proper crimp.

I think it's also critical to get every case length uniform or you won't get consistent crimps with any press. I believe this is the #1 overlooked item in reloading, and contributes to a lot of bad press about reloads.

$.02

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR