JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't think about annealing here, and don't light any matches.

View attachment 543594
I see an RCBS Chargemaster in there...

How do you like it, or automatic dispensing in general?

How do they do with extruded powders like 4064?
I'm looking to ramp up my rifle production and have been wondering if they are with the money?

Looked at the RCBS, Lyman and Hornady models but have heard mixed reviews... Internet being the internet I take it lightly...

Looks like you actually use one, is it worth it?

I've been using Hornady One Shot...

Only load 30-06 right now, but have noticed cases are tight, requiring a lot of effort to size/deprime.....
I've cracked the wooden desk top the press is mounted on... If not careful I could snap the whole thing right off:eek:

Maybe I need a different lube?

I've experienced this with both commercial brass and HXP
I also like the imperial wax or hornady unique for tougher sizing jobs and powdered mica for the neck. Works really well to ease the operation.

on my lee turret, I have the long rifle die so I can do 223 and 308. On top of the rifle die, I have the auto drum spacer to raise the powder measure above everything, then the autodrum measure. The drum can fill a 308 just fine, not sure what max charge capacity is though.

on my lee turret, I have the long rifle die so I can do 223 and 308. On top of the rifle die, I have the auto drum spacer to raise the powder measure above everything, then the autodrum measure. The drum can fill a 308 just fine, not sure what max charge capacity is though.

How many grains of what powder have you loaded in the 308

So I just got my Hornady progressive set up and am not in the position to go buy a single stage. So @v0lcom13sn0w came over last weekend and walked me through the ins and outs of reloading 308.

Didn't want to trust the powder dump for accuracy so we did everything in stages basically turning the progressive into a single stage. Started with depriming which went really quick with the progressive. Then put that die away and move to the next step. so on and so on.

You can use your progressive just turn it into a single stage. ;)
and the results speak for themself!

Imperial Sizing Die Wax, applied sparingly with forefinger, and Imperial Dry Neck Lube, just dip neck to shoulder. That's all you need.
Another vote for Imperial Sizing Die Wax! :s0155:

I also use the Imperial Wax for the case mouths. Every 2nd or 3rd case I scrape my fingertip over the case mouth, which is usually just enough wax to lubricate the expander ball.

I should try the Imperial Dry Neck Lube sometime, but I've had good results with my current method.

as for lube, I fill a gallon ziploc bag about 1/4 full of brass, and spray it with some spray bottle case lube a few times, shake it around, spray it again, shake it again. Works for me.

Another vote for Imperial Sizing Die Wax! :s0155:

I also use the Imperial Wax for the case mouths. Every 2nd or 3rd case I scrape my fingertip over the case mouth, which is usually just enough wax to lubricate the expander ball.

I should try the Imperial Dry Neck Lube sometime, but I've had good results with my current method.
Important not to contaminate powder with anything that sticks to it. Look inside the case neck after you've charged powder, if you see any powder sticking on neck walls. No more of that with dry lube.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top