JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Numerous media outlets are reporting that Lebanon has declared war on Saudi Arabia in what appears to be a religiously motivated issue.

Not sure how this might affect the US, but I'm always concerned about anything further destabilizing the Middle East. Something to keep an eye on.

Saudi Arabia says Lebanon declares war against it

Saudi Arabia says Lebanon has declared war on it

<broken link removed>

Saudi Arabia said on Monday that Lebanon had declared war against it because of attacks against the Kingdom by the Lebanese Shi'ite group Hezbollah.

Saudi Gulf affairs minister Thamer al-Sabhan told Al-Arabiya TV that Saad al-Hariri, who announced his resignation as Lebanon's prime minister on Saturday, had been told that acts of "aggression" by Hezbollah "were considered acts of a declaration of war against Saudi Arabia by Lebanon and by the Lebanese Party of the Devil."

"We will treat the government of Lebanon as a government declaring a war because of Hezbollah militias," Sabhan said, according to state-owned news channel Al Arabiya.

Sabhan's accusations reportedly included smuggling drugs and providing training for acts of terrorism.

I'm also curious what all of these arrests to rid government corruption are about.
I don't know what will be the outcome, since I think China has rights to the oil in the Middle East, except maybe Saudi Arabia. I don't here much about that anymore either tho.
It will be interesting to say the least...

images.jpeg

Uh oh, those Lebanese are no joke. It's about to get real:(

Lebanon doesn't really have a functioning government, just a bunch of religious militias and tribal warlords. Iran props up Hezbollah which is best organized bunch of thugs in that so-called country. Saudi statements about Lebanon is just the latest public announcement in an ongoing regional proxy war between Iran and Saudi Arabia.

I'm also curious what all of these arrests to rid government corruption are about.
I don't know what will be the outcome, since I think China has rights to the oil in the Middle East, except maybe Saudi Arabia. I don't here much about that anymore either tho.
It will be interesting to say the least...

My guess is that there's a battle going on in Saudi Arabia between moderate muslims who are currently in power and the fanatical ones that want to be in power. The arrests were likely a purging of some of the fanatical ones.

That's just my guess.

A lot of this has to do with the Saudis returning to pre 1979 Pro western style of life. And dropping the hard line Sharia Law.

Trump has threatened to open up Oil drilling both here and overseas by US companies, if these countries don't shape up. The Saudis are just the first to step up. What they will get in return is stable oil prices. Those that won't play along will get their oil prices slashed! The one thing he is good at is punishing enemies pocketbooks! DR

Your all crazy Lebanon is between Albany and Sweet Home. I know we do a lot of work there almost every year. Heck we did the site development for the Wal Mart there.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top