JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I posted this on another forum too but if you were to buy a new .45acp handgun what would it be and why? I want to exclude any of the 1911's in this discussion. Why, just for the sake of argument.:D

Everyone has a 45 auto out now so I am just curious as to what the hive would buy and why.

Springfield XD .45 Tactical or a Glock 21. Why? Because they work! I hate DA/SA guns...I either want DA only or SA only...I can't stand two triggers.

They're inexpensive, combat guns. What do I mean by combat guns? They can take abuse and have hi-capacity magazines. These guns were made to fight...

Xd45 any size, the Croatian army has been using this platform for a long time, they fazed out their glocks for the xd. Less plastic parts is durability that surpasses glocks.

Xd45 any size, the Croatian army has been using this platform for a long time, they fazed out their glocks for the xd. Less plastic parts is durability that surpasses glocks.

That's correct...the XD has been around for a while. It was called the HS2000, but it never really went mainstream until they changed the name to XD.

13aebb5f0b5afe7d9d008df40a071588.jpg

XD if going striker fired. I really hate the feel of glocks.

Sig would be a great choice and would top the XD.

Mostly I just stick with the 1911's, just cant seem to find a way to beet it.

G21SF.

View attachment 199835

The Short Frame makes all the difference in the world for me compared to the older original frame G20 and G21. I know there are other great guns out there and that the Glock isn’t perfect, but it does do everything very well.

I would buy a Sig P220 because they are hard to beat out of the box. Really regret selling the last one I owned. The other would be a Glock 21, got to love the capacity they have. :D Thats my .02

I can't make a glock feel right in my hand, so my vote is for the s&w m&p. It is the best for me from an ergonomic standpoint. The capacity is only 10 in the mag, but it just feels right.

My Preference in Order (Based only on what I own):

HK45
Sig P220
Berretta PX-4
FNP - 45
S&W Thunder Ranch (Revolver)
Springfield XD
Ruger P90
Baby Eagle

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show