JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Went to the sportsmens show today. Stopped by the Leatherman booth. Asked the lady about having mine fixed. Thetip broke on one of the screwdriver bits. The other bit I broke by using it as a pry bar. I explained to the lady exactly what happened and that it was my fault with the one bit. When she asked me which model it was I handed it to her to show her what happened. She looked at it, turned around and grabbed a brand new one, handed it to me then said with a smile "Have a nice day". Not too many companies will do that with an $80 tool. They just gained a new customer for life.

I did the same. I have a friend that broke his knife on his leatherman that was about 10 years old he got for free. I was going by airport way so I dropped if off for him. They said they would try to see if they could find the same blade. Called me back a few days later, when I went to pick it up they gave me a brand new one.
Pretty great for a company to stand by their product like that

I found one fishing that had the tip of the pliers broke off. I sent it to them and they delivered me a new pair. I stopped buying gerber.

Its a fantastic company.

My brother-in-law lived in Alaska for years. Got stranded when his boat failed and survived with the help of that leatherman tool. Then promptly dropped it in the bay while fishing. Sent a letter to Leatherman with the whole story and they replaced it for free with an upgraded model.

When in the service, I was proud to announce I was from Oregon. Danner boots, leatherman tools and benchmade knives. Leupold optics was thrown in there on occasion but I always got a Tanya Harding rebuttal :(

SF-

Tonya was fun! I was in high school when her whole thing went down. She got kicked out of Clackamas Town Center where she had practiced for years, and started practicing early in the morning at Lloyd Center. Well, my high school was just a couple blocks away, so a few of us would go to Lloyd Center before school and heckle her from the 'bridge' that went over the skating rink. She would yell obscenities at us. Good times... :p

Later (after she was banned-for-life and trying to be a boxer,) I worked with a lady who lived in the same mobile home park as her (yes, really.) She said Tonya was an egotistic b***h. She would cut in line at the grocery store, pushing her way to the front of the '9-items-or-less' lane with way more than 9 items, etc.

Anyway...

So on Saturday, I filled out the Gerber "warranty request" form on their website. Got the automated "we have received your request, we'll get to it in 5-7 business days" response. Well, I just got a personal email reply "complimentary replacement on its way." (Not an expensive item, just an accessory, but still...)

Yep, great warranty. The store is over near Ikea off Airport Way, the factory is only a mile away on the other side of 205. I worked in the factory for a few months last year, interesting place. Assembling all those small parts really aggravated my carpal tunnel problems though. You can mail in a tool for warranty work, they have a form on their web site to print out, or you can just stop in at the store. They have a lot of QC steps in the factory, so not much makes it out with problems. I still managed to get a bad tool out of the box from the line I was working on at the time, had fun taking it back in to show everyone at work. Everyone was stumped, it was truly bizarre. Pretty much anything that isn't riveted together can be repaired, but unless you have the proper jigs to reassemble them with I would not recommend taking any of them apart!

I have had excellent CS from both Leatherman and Gerber. I actually found a leatherman in the sand near Seaside, cleaned up just fine but I wanted a leather sheath. I called Leatherman to see what they cost and told them my story. The nice lady asked for my address and i asked why and she said "so I can send you a replacement sheath" ;^) It arrived in about three days!
I also had a pair of Gerber chef's knives that had chrome handles, a wedding gift from 1974. Over the years the chrome had flaked off where the blades met the handle and looked lousy. I took them over to the Gerber location just off I5-217 and showed them the knives. Of course they no longer made the same model but they asked if I would leave the knives with them and they would see what they could do. About two weeks later they called and I went back........the knives looked brand new! They had stripped off the old chrome and re-plated the handles as well as buffed and sharpened the blades to way better than new. I was very impressed and there was no charge.
I also had a Gerber "Portland" folding knife that my wife had given me on our second anniversary. It was engraved with my name and 76 on the brass handle and served me well over the years. But the years had not been kind to the walnut inlay on the handles that had warped and cracked a bit. This time I called Gerber and explained the problem and the nice CS lady said that they couldn't replace the knife since it was 36 years old but they would refund the purchase price under the lifetime warranty and since the knife had such personal value for me, I would not need to return it to Gerber. I told her thanks for the very generous offer but I would just keep it as is. Again I think they had very good CS.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top