JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Portland, OR #21 Leathercraft Classes
February 25th

Time of Class: 10AM – 2PM

Name of Class: Open Group

Cost: Free

Instructor: Doug

Description/Instructions: Bring in any leather projects, you have questions we have answers! We are here to help/assist.

Please contact store for class details.
[email protected]
Phone: 503-255-8818
Toll Free: 888-277-3360
13221 NE Whitaker Way
Portland, OR 97230-1128

Glad I could help. You may need to buy the leather before the class, but just ask them when you inquire about the class.
Sounds like a fun class to take.

YouTube... seriously;).

Got all the stuff to make one out of paracord years ago and still haven't figured out what I would like the best.... shell holders or no etc.

You can buy pre cut leather straps for harness or belt making in a variety of sizes from Oregon leather and trim down and shape from there. There are racks of them (2nd floor) it will save you money over irregular slabs and cutting your own. (NW 2nd)
Also on the 2nd floor is tons of buckle and other harness accoutrements you must see.
then look up leather holster making how too videos on line and pay attention to burnishing the edges of the leather for a class finish and stain and finishing details will apply also Even tooling just to see what's possible. The videos don't take long. I would not be surprised if find a how to on slings also.
Once you see all the straps and harness stuff and watched the videos and hopefully come up with a concept of the sling, then take the Tandy leather course.
looking at the videos first is important because you will sometime see how to do things without buying all the stuff Tandy is likely wanting to sell you. (not knocking Tandy)
You will be more productive in class and better communicate your needs.
Or might even find enough info to go it on your own.
Bear in mind a sling is a flexible thing so needs a flexible finish that wont crinkle under stress.
Make your mark on it some where or even a date. Working leather is as soothing as reloading,You should have fun, Good luck

I would like to make a leather sling for my Dad's birthday. Does anyone know where I can learn how or get some ideas? And kind of info would be great. Thanks

Hey, it's MY birthday next week and I bet I'm older than your dad, and every bit as deserving. So here's the deal. You make TWO slings [mine should be an even inch wide and pretty dark, just sayin'], and give your dad the best one. :)

That way he won't feel too bad, and I'll feel as though somebody has remembered me. Sure, I'm somebody's dad, too, but not a remembered one like yours is.

TIA

tac

upload_2017-2-20_21-23-51.png

Forgot to mention - it's for this - even older than me.

tac

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads