JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi All:

I just bought a new Sig P365 and would like a nice leather OWB holster for it. Do any of you have a brand you would recommend? I prefer a clip on but if not that is Ok also.

Thank You:

James

Sparks x 3, Mitch Rosen, Kramer, Kirkpatrick, El Paso, Zoglojne, DeSantis, Winthrop, Masc... tons of good leather holster makers out there. The above are a few well known ones (that I happen to have in my holster bin), but there are just as many independents out there without the name recognition.

You're best bet is to find a few that meet your criteria and then check reviews and solicit opinions. The big guys like Desantis or Safariland/Bianchi are the most likely to have geared-up for the relatively new P365. Sometimes smaller makers will custom fit a particular model if you provide the mold ("blue gun"). They'll keep the blue gun and discount you the price...

My suggestion, and they are local. I have used Kramers for literally decades and have yet to find a better alternative. You mentioned an OWB clip on....this is a paddle, which is my preferred mode of carry.

MSP Paddle Gun Holster

Edit.....I just noticed how old this thread was. Obviously disregard if you have already found a holster you like.

Hi All:

I just bought a new Sig P365 and would like a nice leather OWB holster for it. Do any of you have a brand you would recommend? I prefer a clip on but if not that is Ok also.

Thank You:

James
By "clip-on" do you mean paddle ?
If so, the aforementioned Masc may be your lowest cost.

I'm a huge fan of American leatherwork....we are the best in the world, but Masc out of Turkey is pretty dang good. Their work looks American.
https://www.amazon.com/MASC-HOLSTER-Leather-Holster-Compact/dp/B07G5WH2WJ

Pro Tip:
To break in a new leather holster wrap your gun in a couple layers of plastic grocery bags and push that into your holster.
Let it sit for a couple days or longer until you get the fitment that you want.
Thanks goes to Wes Dahl of Privateer Leather for this tip.

Note:
These are not the soft, clear produce bags.
You want the "hard" plastic bags that you get at the checkout.

My suggestion, and they are local. I have used Kramers for literally decades and have yet to find a better alternative. You mentioned an OWB clip on....this is a paddle, which is my preferred mode of carry.

MSP Paddle Gun Holster

Edit.....I just noticed how old this thread was. Obviously disregard if you have already found a holster you like.

I have also been using Kramer for years, I have a #3 wrapped G19 on me as I type this. When a friend was looking for a holster he could wear without a belt I recommended the MSP to him and he couldn't be happier. It is the only paddle holster I'd buy.

There are some great leather holster makers out there, Kramer is one of the few that balances quality with reasonable lead times. Fully recommend them.

I run my G19 in a Desantis mini scabbard. Comfortable, conceals well enough, and has held up well. Under $50 on Amazon if you're not looking to spend a lot. It's not a clip, but a quick suggestion..if you're doing OWB, don't go clip unless you're going with a paddle holster. IWB gives extra support and takes up some of the stress off the clip. I wouldn't feel real comfortable trusting anything less than a paddle to keep my firearm from flopping around or taking a dive, and even they're not my preference.

*** Noticed everyone else's reference to how old the post is, but I already typed this up... Screw it, it'll be here for the next guy with the same question.

I run my G19 in a Desantis mini scabbard. Comfortable, conceals well enough, and has held up well. Under $50 on Amazon if you're not looking to spend a lot. It's not a clip, but a quick suggestion..if you're doing OWB, don't go clip unless you're going with a paddle holster. IWB gives extra support and takes up some of the stress off the clip. I wouldn't feel real comfortable trusting anything less than a paddle to keep my firearm from flopping around or taking a dive, and even they're not my preference.

*** Noticed everyone else's reference to how old the post is, but I already typed this up... Screw it, it'll be here for the next guy with the same question.
It's not old anymore ;)

Winthrop is pretty good been wearing their leather owb for a sig p938 and it is comfortable enough to sleep in.(Not an exaggeration actually fell alseep with it on twice at home)
Galco is also solid never had a holster of theirs that didn't work well.

ubgholsters.com makes some good stuff. I've purchased two of them. The molding of the leather was on point, it was what I consider very good quality, and if you want to get fancy...he does that too with materials.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top