JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a Nice Leather Holster for my USP CT. I wear it everywhere!!!

BUT, there is one thing about it I hate... The safety is molded in place in the 'Fire' or 'off' position! I belive the companys that make holsters buy the blue fake guns to use as a mold, and the safetys are off on the blue guns!!

Its not a huge problem, but I do roll Cocked and Locked... and Would feel better if the holster that was molded to fit my gun, fit my gun the way I carry it, if ya know what I mean!

I was thinking about getting it a little wet, and using the back of a pen or rounded object to try and 're'mold the safety into the "ON" or "Safe" position!

Anyone have this trouble??? (I dident have this issue with my glock:s0114:)

Are the Kydex ones like this too???

Yup. Was going to write my hoslter maker about that. I don't know if he can do anything about it as the dummies are probably fixed with the thumb safety at fire. Having worn mine for the last few months, there is now a new indentation where my activated thumb safety rides.

It still bothers me a bit because what if the safety decides to dissengage into the molded holsters fire pattern? Fortunately I carry a DW CBOB and the safety is not likely to make that decision by itself, as it is quite stiff and would need it to be forcefully dissengaged.

Will

My UGB(Ugly Bald Guy) Holster for my 4" Kimber took about a week for the notch to wear in. Perfectly normal.

To speed up the process, get some baseball glove oil, soak it into the part of your holster that covers the safety and use a weight on top of the gun/holster. You can also use a rubber band or two and will get the same effect.

Good luck. Mike

My UGB(Ugly Bald Guy) Holster for my 4" Kimber took about a week for the notch to wear in. Perfectly normal.

To speed up the process, get some baseball glove oil, soak it into the part of your holster that covers the safety and use a weight on top of the gun/holster. You can also use a rubber band or two and will get the same effect.

Good luck. Mike
As I remember HighNoon says not to use glove oil on their rigs, it makes the leather TOO soft and it never hardens up again. Isn't water better as it'll soften the leather and dry out in the new configuration?

I used water to remold mine, It takes a day or 3 to dry to the point where you pistol wont have water droplets on it.

Still have the Highnoon and want to trade???
For what?

BTW: it fits my Taurus PT-145 fine other than being about 3/8" too long. I thought about cutting it down and using it but it's an IWB and I wanted a tuckable IWB, which I have on order.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top