JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
what is the advantage of having a leather holster lined? What do they line it with?

My holsters are lined with top grain cow hide, NOT suede or fleece. I think that suede and fleece tend to trap grit which can scratch the finish a little more than necessary. I think that a cow hide lining makes for a stronger, longer lasting holster. It also makes it heavier which is a deal breaker for some.

Frankly Koda it is probably more of a personal choice than a true advantage.:)

As long as you get a good quality leather holster that is specifically made for the gun you are using it for then it should have very good retention.

Mass produced holsters are usually made to fit several different guns and they use cheap leather.

The open top debate vs a thumb break is really quite simple, as long as the gun is concealed well then you don't have to worry about someone coming up behind and disarming you.

For the very rare time that I do open carry then I do use a holster with a thumb break.

I can't stand Kydex, I'm a leather junky.

I have recently fallen in love with Safariland's 568 series holsters. They are open top, lined, laminated holsters that feel like leather. I am not a big fan of hard molded holster and really like leather, except for absorbing moisture while wearing. The 568 is soft and will not absorb moisture. They are adjustable for tension, come with a paddle or belt attachment and fairly inexpensive. I now own two and am looking for others. They even fit my Tanfoglio 9mms and Witness Steel Compact. I really like the paddle. It is very comfortable to wear - standing or seated.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top