JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wasn't offering a grip, was offering a take-off trigger assy.
M5 trigger pins are same as DPMS trigger pins.
My bad, SR/M5AR /trigger pins are same, provided your pin diameter is standard. It's take down pins that are different length.
Interesting about pin length, I have read that the M5 pins are longer and will stick out of the lower receiver on DPMS receiver and if I use DPMS pins on an M5 lower they will be recessed in the lower?

This kit includes custom takedown and pivot pins that are designed for Aero's M5 Lower Receiver. These pins will function perfectly with other DPMS pattern lowers, however they will stick out slightly farther than standard pins.

This kit includes custom takedown and pivot pins that are designed for Aero's M5 Lower Receiver. These pins will function perfectly with other DPMS pattern lowers, however they will stick out slightly farther than standard pins.
Now you get to the difference.
I have an M5 kit, and a CMMG kit on my M5 lowers. One pin from the CMMG sticks out on the M5 approximately 10 mils. The other is flush. I didn't bother looking at the M5 set.
I much prefer the 10 mil sticking out, because when I push it, it gives me more finger hold on the other side. FWIW, with a Q-tip, I swabbed a thin film of axle grease on the grove for the take down pin detent spring-pin. Makes the pin move mo' betta.

M5 body width @ trigger pins = 0.890"
Std AR trigger pins = 0.902" OAL
My CMMG pivot pin does stick out of the Noreen lower a bit.

20211127_083101.jpg

Best deal I have found on Aero M5 LPK is at Primary Arms but shipping sucks.

If you are aware of a better deal or option for M5 LPK let me know. They showed shipping of about $11.50 to ship lpk plus 308 carbine buffer.
Here's a AR-10 lpk for only $42.50 but it is missing the fcg & pistol grip

AR-15 lowers only $40!

Last Edited:
If it's not too late, pin the upper to the lower with the BCG in place before you install the receiver extension to check bore alignment. Look to see that the tail of the carrier is perfectly centered in the RE hub.

What if it's not?
There is some acceptable tolerance. Depending on how far you exceed that, problems would be: excessive RE wear/damage, upper receiver bore wear/damage, broken buffer retaining pin, carrier wear, failure to eject, failure to feed, failure to return to battery, last round bolt hold open failure. Old Testament type stuff...dogs and cats living together...mass hysteria.

There is some acceptable tolerance. Depending on how far you exceed that, problems would be: excessive RE wear/damage, upper receiver bore wear/damage, broken buffer retaining pin, carrier wear, failure to eject, failure to feed, failure to return to battery, last round bolt hold open failure. Old Testament type stuff...dogs and cats living together...mass hysteria.
I will check mine, I don't want to be the one who brings on the end of the world.

I just ordered an Aero lpk (minus fcg/grip) for $25 and an Aero 308 charging handle for $16 from Aero. Shipping was free. Only component I still want is a 308 carbine buffer. After I aquire that I will have everything I need to assemble one of the Noreen lowers and the Aero M5 lower.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top